Lt. Commander
# 21
01-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
Agreed, its a great time to get an LTS, just slightly annoyed since i brought mine a month ago

But thats sales and life for you, its all swings and runabouts ;p

Aren't they thinking about making STO free to play anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swc
Nope.

/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swc
The short answer. NO.

Seems threads with people pondering the idea of F2P has boiled over to 'they' (Cryptic) now thinking about making it F2P?

With Champions going F2P right now, i'm sure Cryptic and Atari will be looking to see how this works out over the coming months, but it will still take a good deal of time to really evaluate this. I really can't see STO going F2P this year, especially if numbers keep climbing in terms of sub's and LTS's as they have been. Just by looking at the amount of players online (instances open, etc) since early December is around three/four times as many. If content and changes keep coming, i see an expansion next year coming well before any indication of STO going F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulgor View Post
Weeee check my name! Is it blue is it blue?
Congratulations, Captain!

You know, for anyone who's thinking about getting a lifetime subscription but still isn't sure, I definitely recommend it.

You can play whenever you want and take a break whenever and for as long as you want. There's no urge to play now since you're subscribed. No worries about 'getting your money's worth.' And you just never have to worry about subscription fees anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Congratulations, Captain!

You know, for anyone who's thinking about getting a lifetime subscription but still isn't sure, I definitely recommend it.

You can play whenever you want and take a break whenever and for as long as you want. There's no urge to play now since you're subscribed. No worries about 'getting your money's worth.' And you just never have to worry about subscription fees anymore.
Absolutely. I'm currently doing my Degree and will be for the next four years. I can't be on half as much as i would like, save for holidays, but i never feel like its 'wasted money'. I take the game at my own pace, do what i can here and there, get on with my coursework and await the holidays. I can concentrate on Uni during the week, and have some time on the weekend for STO with things like Weekly episodes and the forthcoming UGC. Maybe if i was paying monthly i might notice the sting more so, and prehaps i would have unsubcribed till the holidays, but this way i don't have to worry.
I hope i am playing STO for as long as i played WoW, because in five and a half years time, i will have certainly got my money's worth.

And i got Borg Engines tonight Woohoo! If i didn't have Uni tomorrow, i'd be still flying around now with my loving green glow ^^
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Silverwings View Post
I see Sovereign bridge pack for 96cp but as far as I was aware it hasn't been advertised and I am as sure as I can be I had all the bridges. Is this a bug or something new? The price suggests it's already on discount which makes it even more confusing

The pack says (3) and the inital text says (3) but the detailed information says four. Not sure if it's safe to buy this if this is a mistake and will get pulled.
Hmm...I see that too. It looks like it's not quite ready. Maybe they released it early by accident?

-edit-

Seems the bridges are on Tribble, and will let you "preview" them (not sure if you can actually buy them on tribble, and I wouldn't really recommend it either). Also, there's only 3, so the "four" is probably a typo.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-26-2011, 12:33 AM
do you still get to use the liberated borg character with a lifetime sub? i mean the playable, not the BOFF. i thought i heard that wasnt available anymore after the game was officially released.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson_Garrett View Post
do you still get to use the liberated borg character with a lifetime sub? i mean the playable, not the BOFF. i thought i heard that wasnt available anymore after the game was officially released.
It wasn't available for a while, but, a few months back, they reinstated it for all the past and current lifetime subbers.

So, anyone with a lifetime sub (whether you have had it since the first day they offered it, way back in Open Beta, or buy it even after the sale is over) can use the Liberated Borg species for their Captain.

(Of course, they might take it away sometime in the future, but I highly doubt it, lol. I'm only saying this in the off-chance that they decide to remove it from the Lifetime Sub benefits sometime in the future.)
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-26-2011, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reave View Post
Am I to guess from the graphic the website uses along with that announcement, that you're going to put the Breen bridge officer on there as well, or did that picture get chosen randomly?
Randomly chosen, they tend to pick things out of their screenshot gallery when they don't have any specific picture to use. Happens all the time on the CO site.

Shame really because there is a Breen shaped hole in my ship roster.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphadrop View Post
Randomly chosen, they tend to pick things out of their screenshot gallery when they don't have any specific picture to use. Happens all the time on the CO site.

Shame really because there is a Breen shaped hole in my ship roster.
You can get Breen on the exhange for a few mil still