Lt. Commander
# 551
01-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Random request, but any chance you could give suggestions for Geordi visor option? I've tried, but mine always come out as slightly off.
Lt. Commander
# 552
01-25-2011, 11:13 PM
I must say I like those non-canon MU uniforms. Really wish there was a way to get those shorter jackets that the WoK versions call for, but as you said, you work with what you can get. I do have a question on how you envisioned these uniforms. For the WoK versions, is there a skirt variant for the females? And do all females wear the skirt in the Next Gen version or just some? Just curious in how you envision it. When I make custom uniforms (like skirted variants of uniforms that never had them like DS9/VOY and DS9/TNG Films) I create rules on who does and doesn't, so I'm curious if there's any you envisioned on these MU uniforms.

Anyways, I hope you go and create more of these Mirror Universe versions of other uniforms. I say go in the direction of the DS9/VOY uniforms next, then the DS9/TNG Films before hitting the All Good Things... uniforms. I expect we'll never see a MU version of the Motion Picture uniforms...those things in the top might make it difficult to to add a belt to them.
Lt. Commander
# 553
01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiblePerson
Random request, but any chance you could give suggestions for Geordi visor option? I've tried, but mine always come out as slightly off.
Certainly. Here is a guide for the Multispectral Visor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeGuyver
I must say I like those non-canon MU uniforms. Really wish there was a way to get those shorter jackets that the WoK versions call for, but as you said, you work with what you can get. I do have a question on how you envisioned these uniforms. For the WoK versions, is there a skirt variant for the females? And do all females wear the skirt in the Next Gen version or just some? Just curious in how you envision it. When I make custom uniforms (like skirted variants of uniforms that never had them like DS9/VOY and DS9/TNG Films) I create rules on who does and doesn't, so I'm curious if there's any you envisioned on these MU uniforms.

Anyways, I hope you go and create more of these Mirror Universe versions of other uniforms. I say go in the direction of the DS9/VOY uniforms next, then the DS9/TNG Films before hitting the All Good Things... uniforms. I expect we'll never see a MU version of the Motion Picture uniforms...those things in the top might make it difficult to to add a belt to them.
Thanks! And thank you once again for suggesting them.

In order to keep them looking TNG or WoK style I found it necessary to keep at least one part of that set. The TNG uniforms could very well have belly variants, but I found when I used the choices we have, the characters no longer looked like they belonged to that era. Same goes for the WoK uniforms. If you take away the pants, they no longer appear to fit with the rest of the uniforms. I suppose if you did a female version with a WoK jacket and skirt, that might work. But with the TNG uniforms, going with just the pants isn't enough to make it feel TNG.

I am currently working on getting the DS9 Off Duty styles worn in their Mirror episodes down. I don't think doing a DS9/VOY uniform would be proper, since according to those episodes the Terran Empire had been defeated and subjugated by the Klingon Cardassian Alliance at that time. It is only in the last Mirror episode that they have begun to really take back their Empire. A TNG Film uniform might be in order, but these would be completely speculative, as would AGT.

Lt. Commander
# 554
01-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Hey there Blackavaar. Got a suggestion for a uniform you could possibly do a guide for. In one of the Unlimited comic books published by Marvel and Paramount back in the '90's I seem to recall there was a stealth uniform in the style of the TOS uniforms but it was all black in colour. There's no rank insignia but everyone that was wearing it still displayed the Enterprise's command delta.

An all black TOS uniform is a pretty simple thing to do, guide or no guide I admit...but I figured it might be something you'd like to do a guide for to give our fellow fans even more variety of ideas. I certainly know that the more uniform choices there are, the merrier I am.

Just some food for thought my friend.

Lt. Commander
# 555
01-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Hey there Blackavaar. Got a suggestion for a uniform you could possibly do a guide for. In one of the Unlimited comic books published by Marvel and Paramount back in the '90's I seem to recall there was a stealth uniform in the style of the TOS uniforms but it was all black in colour. There's no rank insignia but everyone that was wearing it still displayed the Enterprise's command delta.

An all black TOS uniform is a pretty simple thing to do, guide or no guide I admit...but I figured it might be something you'd like to do a guide for to give our fellow fans even more variety of ideas. I certainly know that the more uniform choices there are, the merrier I am.

Just some food for thought my friend.

Funny you should say that. I have just recently redone my Borg captain's crew with just such a uniform. He's just hit URA, so he's ready to do the STFs and I wanted a new look for those. I'll post an image of them when I get a chance and I'll definitely consider adding a guide for it.

Lt. Commander
# 556
01-27-2011, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Thanks! And thank you once again for suggesting them.

In order to keep them looking TNG or WoK style I found it necessary to keep at least one part of that set. The TNG uniforms could very well have belly variants, but I found when I used the choices we have, the characters no longer looked like they belonged to that era. Same goes for the WoK uniforms. If you take away the pants, they no longer appear to fit with the rest of the uniforms. I suppose if you did a female version with a WoK jacket and skirt, that might work. But with the TNG uniforms, going with just the pants isn't enough to make it feel TNG.

I am currently working on getting the DS9 Off Duty styles worn in their Mirror episodes down. I don't think doing a DS9/VOY uniform would be proper, since according to those episodes the Terran Empire had been defeated and subjugated by the Klingon Cardassian Alliance at that time. It is only in the last Mirror episode that they have begun to really take back their Empire. A TNG Film uniform might be in order, but these would be completely speculative, as would AGT.

Ah, yes. You are, of course, correct in that you should prioritize the canon stuff from DS9 first. Then maybe head on to the DS9/TNG Films next and maybe the AGT uniforms. My request for a MU variant to the DS9/VOY uniforms was since we were already heading into the realm of the speculative, why not do a MU version of uniforms we have seen in our universe but we know never was in the MU we've seen. See what would've been if the Terran Empire never fell.
Lt. Commander
# 557
01-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Funny you should say that. I have just recently redone my Borg captain's crew with just such a uniform. He's just hit URA, so he's ready to do the STFs and I wanted a new look for those. I'll post an image of them when I get a chance and I'll definitely consider adding a guide for it.

How's that for a coincidence then. Well I'm glad you're giving that uniform suggestion some thought for a future guide and I look forward to seeing images of your URA Borg captain in that uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 558
01-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Thank you so much for the work on this, Blackavaar. My toons really look great now. I've been using the unis that best fit their ships... such as WoK for my Excelsior and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 559
01-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
How's that for a coincidence then. Well I'm glad you're giving that uniform suggestion some thought for a future guide and I look forward to seeing images of your URA Borg captain in that uniform.
Here they are. Captain One and the crew of the U.S.S. Majestic.
From left to right that's Gir, Onnelee, Chaan, Zekk, Karoh, Captain One, Janok, Tarah, Elur, Treah and Cela.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohrmanTiegan
Thank you so much for the work on this, Blackavaar. My toons really look great now. I've been using the unis that best fit their ships... such as WoK for my Excelsior and so on.
You're very welcome. I do the same thing with several of my characters.

Lt. Commander
# 560
01-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Here they are. Captain One and the crew of the U.S.S. Majestic.
From left to right that's Gir, Onnelee, Chaan, Zekk, Karoh, Captain One, Janok, Tarah, Elur, Treah and Cela.

Quite a group you've got there and your ships looks great rockin' a Tron-esque-look. Also the TOS miniskirts and Counsellor uniforms all in black...wow.

If ever I have my crew in that uniform, I might make a subtle change and maybe put the department colours on the collar instead.

I'll have to return the favour and put up pics of my crew...if I can stay connected to the game long enough to take pics.

Just a quick question for you mate...you mentioned that your Borg was an URA but I notice you have him wearing captain's stripes. I don't know if this will come across as making any sense but is it possible to be in an admiral's position and rank but still be referred to as a captain by your crew and other characters in the game? Thanks in advance.