Lt. Commander
# 11
01-20-2011, 06:59 AM
The interlink nodes are swamping you with borg. Its usually hidden behind a door cavity or in a recessed corner.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilrayne1
only activate the shielded devices not the flat wall mounted generators. and use passive mode on all crew. you can do assimilated in about 10 minutes
10 minutes? My engineer must be equipped wrong. It took me an hour to do this mission.

Having the BOFFs on passive and only going for the transport devices works like a charm.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-22-2011, 03:26 PM
I would like to say a very big thanks to the 3 guys that helped me out earlier tonight after approximately 4 hrs playing on this mission. It was spread out over 2 evenings, I cant remember their names/handles but we got through it quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Ran it other night for fun on elite. While it took me WAY longer than 10 mins - was a fun run. This is one of the missions I enjoy.

Last part, instead of running in and stirring up the wasp nest waiting for you, do very very selective and careful pulls. Hit ONE drone.....back out to a corner where you have your BOffs anchored on a rally point. Mug that set, beat them down, then go out and get another group. Usually ONE shot will be enough to aggro them to come to you, and they will come in pretty small groups.

When you get to the nodes part - unlock your BOffs and reanchor them to a position a little more forward. You go kill the node, then get back to them. Make sure they are well stocked on shield/hypo charges. Key being, methodical pulls. Basically, other than hitting the nodes, you should never be throwing more than a couple shots inside that room. Be in the side rooms.

If you have engy BOffs, make sure they have shield and med gens out before you go get a set of borg. I found having drones out though - tended to aggro a few too many.

btw - make sure you scan everything in the room.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-22-2011, 11:22 PM
you do not have to kill any nodes to finish this mission... the trick is to scan each assimilated undine... which will aggro only 2 borg that are not linked to a distribution node... keep the two borg in sight and keep shooting while backing up to the spawn point where your BO's are waiting for them...

If you scan all of the undine you get an accolade for it... I do all my fighting at the spawn point and pull everything back there... no node aggro-ing required...

The final bad guy and his buddies will track you down after killing enough of the "pairs" guarding each assimilated undine.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Correct, in the last room, you do NOT have to kill off any of the nodes, as long as you do as Napolean says.

I guess in my post, I did not mention I was just taking a different challenge of clearing the entire room. Entirely possible, but will take you some time. Kill the nodes first, before you start killing off the drones at each Undine.

However.... the point being made over and over again here - if you treat this mission as a "run and gun" it will turn into "mobbed and abused" really really fast. If you finesse your way through this, you could do it with just two player captains, and no BOffs pretty easily. (I haven't tried solo yet)

THAT might be fun....solo run. Just tuck the BOffs over in that corridor off to the right, completely passive and fight the whole thing solo.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-26-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm finding this one impossible to complete even on normal difficulty.

Just too many borg in that final room

Oh well, I didn't want that borg console anyway.