Lt. Commander
# 91
01-26-2011, 12:21 PM
The only actual gameplay footage was in the last 5 or so seconds of the video. It's your standard browser game with a Star Trek skin.

People who think this game will rival STO in game play probably also think SOE's and Lucas Arts Star Wars: The Clone Wars browser game (running now) (link) will be a rival for BioWare's and Lucas Arts upcoming Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO (link)

(And honestly no, I'm NOT trying in any way to promote SW:ToR per se, and in fact, the more I read about SW:ToR's design decisions, the less interested I get in that game myself; I'm just trying to provide a bit of honest p[erspective as I'm 100% certain most folks who think ST:IS will somehow 'rival' STO's graphics or gameplay have never really played a browser based MMO (and ST:IS isn't the first one of these browser MMOs either - they've been around since the just after the EQ days.))

As for the interiors - since you don't need to worry about ground combat, or a lot of avatars in the area, of course they can make them smaller.
Lt. Commander
# 92
01-26-2011, 06:13 PM
Cooooooool