Lt. Commander
# 31
01-27-2011, 06:23 AM
OK, I think there are few and far European (specifically British) MMO companies that would do regular updates/server maintenance pre-6am or post 10pm. There might be but I can't see that happening.

I like that the game has daily updates, tells me the devs, Cryptic, Atari are fully committed to seeing the project through. They have a vision, it will be realised. I like that. Reading between the lines its reassuring.

Where I think at time Cryptic fall short is the communcation side of customer service. Annouce clearly somewhere on the website and when I sign up that updates/sever maintenance are as a rule carried out on a Thursday, unless circumstance demands an alternate day, and the time of these updates/maintenance can vary. Clear prior knowledge of the update sechedule would help manage customer expectations.

Explain in minor detail the fault - software/hardware and the work being done to rectify it. As customers we care, want to be kept informed and appreciate the work devs are doing to deliver this game. By letting us know and being a little bit more transparant about the work behind the scenes it can help reduce criticism (because we'll know how hard you work).

Delay's are fine, in projects it happens and a good project plan has slippage built in. But give a decent amount of notice to the customer/client/consumer when delays or postponements are likely to happen. Telling people on the day or a few hours before is too short notice and leaves you open to criticism.

I mean come on, Cryptic, your based in America and America wrote the book on what good customer service should look like. But this is just my thoughts, I'm not sure you'll even read them and it is the internet, I'm sure someone will disagree.

Flame away.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
That shuttle on Tribble moves around like a rocket! That being said, it is about as strong as a soda can. I'm a VA and I put Aegis gear on it with Purple MkX Anti-proton Weapons and took in into one of the Klingon DSEs in the Risa Sector and I kept popping like popcorn. It is not made for combat. (I took my Excelsior back a little later to exact some revenge. )
Popcorn!

Shorter clip for those who don't like long clips.

(I don't know why, but I thought of that movie when you mentioned the shuttle popping like popcorn, lol. A very fine flick, in my opinion.)

Yeah, to be honest, I'm looking forward to the Delta Flyer more for aesthetics than anything else, being a huge Voyager fan. I'm sure I'll deck it out with the best equipment I have, but I probably won't be doing too much combat in it (except what will be required in the upcoming Episode, if any).

I'm looking forward to us having some kind of shuttle racing in the future, though, especially if they include the ability to create our own in the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Popcorn!

Shorter clip for those who don't like long clips.

(I don't know why, but I thought of that movie when you mentioned the shuttle popping like popcorn, lol. A very fine flick, in my opinion.)

Yeah, to be honest, I'm looking forward to the Delta Flyer more for aesthetics than anything else, being a huge Voyager fan. I'm sure I'll deck it out with the best equipment I have, but I probably won't be doing too much combat in it (except what will be required in the upcoming Episode, if any).

I'm looking forward to us having some kind of shuttle racing in the future, though, especially if they include the ability to create our own in the Foundry.
It was pretty funny on tribble last night. Everyone was getting their shuttle and test driving them in Sol. It looked like someone had stirred up a hornet's nest. Oh, and I'm digging the new look of Sol. They put the station closer to Earth. It looks a lot like the picture on the llauncher, sans the exterior.