Lt. Commander
Ok well not actually today but let me go into more detail. (I may have already made a thread about this or it could have been someone else's idea ive just had it in my mind for a while now so wanted to mention it.)

When you get a new BOFF he is just a lonely ensign with the potential to do certain things so long as you promote him up. They are earnt through levelling and the first couple of missions. Personally this works but is a bit boring and what im suggesting is here to supplement this and not replace it.

Basically you chose a cadet from the Academy to "sponsor" from a randomly generated list. It will list their species, gender, class, and species required passive traits. The other passive traits come later.

Once you have sponsored your cadet for a small Merit fee you can then investing in them. You can take them with you on missions (but they can only come once a day as they have lots of studying to do!) and this will train them up more , you can help them also by buying bigger quarters to study in at Earth or better recources costing EC etc etc (any more ideas on this point would be appreciated)

Finnaly after a period of say two weeks your cadet's training is over:

The more time and effort you put in the higher chance you have of obtaining a purple BOFF. However there is a higher chance of a blue, even higher of a green etc so this isnt an easy way to farm purple BOFFS.
Also your cadet can fail their entrance exams and you wont get a BOFF at all!

So through this scheme you gain anther way to earn BOFFS, it also creates another mini-game element and you become personally invested in your potential BOFF so it is rewarding in that sense as well.

Thoughta? Suggestions? Bumps?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2011, 11:51 PM
a way to spend merits to "invest" to get a purple BOff?

I like!

Make it so the basic traits any store-requisitioned ensign BOff has a chance to turn them into superior ones through this system and you've got a mad-rabid /sign from me
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazumaKat
a way to spend merits to "invest" to get a purple BOff?

I like!

Make it so the basic traits any store-requisitioned ensign BOff has a chance to turn them into superior ones through this system and you've got a mad-rabid /sign from me
I envisgad having a vague idea of what your boff would get so an engineer cadet might have higher chance of getting RSP3 than another but they have a higher chance of AUX 2 SIF 3