Lt. Commander
# 11
01-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslanar
Actually it has absolutely nothing to do with the Sovereign bridge.... not even closely. I am wondering why they even named it after the Sovereign. The captains chair is extremely leveled above the base ground, looks really odd.

You can find screenshots on page 1 and 2 on this topic:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=198640&page=1
Actually, the middle variant (the Bluish one) is closer than the other two. The view of the forward console is very close when looking from the viewscreen, and it does have the extra chairs around the captains chair which is much lower than the final variant (the extremely dark/red KDF looking one). But yes, the middle row of consoles shouldn't be there, and the captains chair should be the same level as the extra chairs beside it.

I would prefer an Insurrection/Nemesis style bridge but the middle Sov one does look like it could very well be just an advanced version of the one from those two movies.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Oki, I switched to another bridge, restarted STO, and set up the Eaves bridge again. Workling! And its really cool!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
Really?

Not only did I not see an announcement.

I don't even see it listed in the C-Store.
lol I saw it and bought it too. I haven't looked at it yet
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslanar
Actually it has absolutely nothing to do with the Sovereign bridge.... not even closely. I am wondering why they even named it after the Sovereign. The captains chair is extremely leveled above the base ground, looks really odd.

You can find screenshots on page 1 and 2 on this topic:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=198640&page=1
I can see where you are coming from.

Though on the plus side I was planning on using the Destiny Bridge for the D'Kyr when its released. Maybe I'll be able to use this one instead.