Lt. Commander
# 21
01-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Will the STF's "Seem" easier... yes... But that's only because we are fixing a bunch of issues we have with the STF encounter groups. They will work properly, and individual damage and health of these encounters are being toned down a bit. Trash mobs will be a little easier to kill, and wont hur't you as much. They shouldn't be chain holding you, or respawning after you kill them. Theres a whole list of things these guys were doing that has been fixed by the systems team. Most of which was never intended to happen in the first place.
This is welcome news indeed. Thanks to Cursix for bringing that to light here.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-27-2011, 03:45 PM
The saddest thing about all this is they only need to sell EMP grenades in the C-Store and poof no more Borg.

Imagine the usual enormous hold spamming swarm in The Cure, a single EMP lands in the middle.

Poof! All Borg fall down.

They do not get up.

Their local Node also crashes, ALL Borg in the STF drop, All Borg in Gamma Orionis drop.

Finish STF unopposed.

Collect Loot!

I know, but it's a fun thought to all us frustrated STF players.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Interesting idea.

I'm immediately funding a research program into an EMP warhead and other weapons.

I can just see the taunt line now:

"Chain hold this!"
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-27-2011, 07:01 PM
delete post
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-28-2011, 01:10 AM
agreed, as im leveling up new characters atm ive been rememberd how much i hate fighting the borg.
stun lock non stop, even if i try to move away they shot it across quite long distances.

it's annoying as hell, so right now im just skipping any mission with borg in it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Actually I'm rather fond of imagining a "Xenomorph Torpedo" that contains an Alien from "Aliens" in it being launched into a cube.

Imagine all the fun when those assimilation tubes start flying! (acid for blood)

OT, Did Gozer say that it's the Borg's fault that they are so messed up?