Lt. Commander
# 51
01-28-2011, 07:45 PM
off topic a bit but, after reading this thread and seeing Tricksterbro's avatar what does Q and the continuum think of the Time Lords of Gallifrey?

on topic i have to say as deus ex machina as his powers were, having an entity that left them at the mercy of his whims and only ever beat by getting him to agree to terms beforehand, kinda sent me a message as a kid, "Play nice cause eventually you WILL run into someone a LOT stronger than you.(let's face it as scary as the borg were they couldn't annihilate everything around them with a snap of the fingers. As a kid growing up watching TNG, the crew of the enterprise were incredible heroes to me seeing them get played like marionettes by Q were a kind of "woah" moment that's stuck with me.

That and he a put a mariachi band on the enterprise's bridge, I want a mariachi band on MY bridge!

i like him.
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-28-2011, 07:54 PM
You know what I never figured out ever since the first time I saw Q...? How come this all-powerful being loves so much to take the form of a Human? Is it some secret longing to shed all omnipotence and great powers just so that once in his existence he could share the challenges of being... Human, just like we do every day of our lives... eh Q?
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
You know what I never figured out ever since the first time I saw Q...? How come this all-powerful being loves so much to take the form of a Human? Is it some secret longing to shed all omnipotence and great powers just so that once in his existence he could share the challenges of being... Human, just like we do every day of our lives... eh Q?
The "Spock vs. Q" audio programs shed a little light on this, but their canon value is suspect at best.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
In the series he tells Picard that he picked a human form so they could identify with him better. But that if he had known a woman would (the archeologist woman whose name I cannot recall) have ''such'' an effect on him, he would have appeared as a woman instead .
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Q is in my fav 5
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Q Rocks,
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I personally always liked Q. Well. I didn't like Q but tht was just because he was being stogey and old fashioned and tried to kill Q and Janeway.
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-28-2011, 09:29 PM
One reason why not to worship Q: he is a big fat liar.

He claims to be omnipotent, but has such an affinity with humans because he can see that they could advance beyond the Q in their future. That's why he tries to recruit Riker into the continuum.

How can he be omnipotent if there is a possibility his powers can be superseded? Hmmm?
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuh
One reason why not to worship Q: he is a big fat liar.

He claims to be omnipotent, but has such an affinity with humans because he can see that they could advance beyond the Q in their future. That's why he tries to recruit Riker into the continuum.

How can he be omnipotent if there is a possibility his powers can be superseded? Hmmm?
The term is relative. It means that if humans advanced beyond the Continuum, Q would no longer be omnipotent, humans would.

Personally, I hated Q and almost reached for the channel change switch whenever he turned up after Encounter at Farpoint. I was greatly annoyed to find he turned up in Voyager as well. A spoiled brat with no regard for anything other than his own over inflated ego. I was overjoyed when the Continuum took away his powers and hoped that would be the end of him but sadly he got the powers back again. I would have liked to see Q end up completely human and then become the sacrificial redshirt in the next episode, that would have really made the series for me.
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-29-2011, 01:25 AM
The best Q is Q-bert.

nuff said...