Lt. Commander
# 241 Liberated Borg
01-28-2011, 05:22 AM
I got the liberated Borg character and have started over with it, what about the captains yacht, is that another item for lifers?

Got the codes too but did not know how to use them.

Also, how do you get the "Career Officer" title?
Lt. Commander
# 242
01-28-2011, 03:19 PM
I've cancelled my subscription, its the monthly, its just not fair to make us pay over and over again, when we most likely don't have 4-5 hours a day to play. Its not worth paying if we don't get to use the time we pay for!
Amazingly, my subscription expires the same day the lifetime goes off sale. Its just far to expensive when money is so tight. If i could play for free i would continue playing, but there just isn't a way to play for free. I payed 25 dollars for this already, and then there's the subscription of 15 a month. Perhaps they will see the sense in f2p if people have bought the game. Its not fair that we get hit with huge bills, and they get tons of money.
Lt. Commander
# 243
01-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Cancelled mine as well. Today is my last day. I'm only a casual trek fan, so I can't overlook all the problems and lacking content. It had some fun moments, but nothing worth $15.00 a month.
Lt. Commander
# 244
01-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Just went ahead and bit the bullet. I'd thought about doing it earlier, but $300 was just too much IMHO.

BTW - first post.
Lt. Commander
# 245
01-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
This is the correct answer.

Thanks,

Stormshade
If that is the correct answer, why is customer support telling me otherwise???

"Customer Service Responses:

Hello. The lifetime subscription only comes with a game copy if you do not have one. If you already had the game, you do not get a game copy."
Lt. Commander
# 246
01-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Greetings,

Buying a LT sub during beta was one of the easiest decisions I have made in my PC gaming career.
240 divided by 15 is 16. That is 16 months, one year and four months and you are then playing for free. This is Star Trek and will be around for a very very long time. My break even date is this summer (the earliest possible).

Considering the fact that one can spend 240$ very easily in one night out, having STO there forever is quite a bargain.
One would be wise to take advantage of this offer.

Yours in Lifetime Mnhei'sahe Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 247
01-29-2011, 12:22 PM
I purchased a life-time sub yesterday. I have my in-game perks but when will my forum account show as a Career Officer?
Lt. Commander
# 248
01-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson_Garrett View Post
I purchased a life-time sub yesterday. I have my in-game perks but when will my forum account show as a Career Officer?
You have to change the settings yourself. There is a link somewhere... try searching the forums. It might even be in this thread! Alternatively, just click the "My Account" and search around yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 249
01-29-2011, 01:07 PM
I'll go lifetime becuase that'll free up money for the fluff and also if it is allready paid forever, then i can pay all my bills and still play sto. besides still got to spend my Return on something.
Lt. Commander
# 250
01-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshanee
Great Deal! but $239.99 for US Currency? But what about Canadian Currency?

Canadians would be paying $308.99 for Canadian currency of course.
They will do nothing of the sort. The current exchange rate on the Canadian dollar is within something like 3/100th of a cent of $1 US. A company does not decide what the exhange rate is. They adhere to the Federal exchange rate or the customer can contact the state attorney generals office and have them file charges, as well as get the difference returned to him.

point being, don't do anything stupid cryptic. the last thing this game needs is lawsuits.
Closed Thread