Lt. Commander
# 1 For all KA Pro players
01-30-2011, 03:18 PM
To all you "Pro" KA players...

GET WITH THE PROGRAM and help us who can't get through the damn mission.

I don't get it... You all say how easy it is yet when trying to get into a group one is asked if they are experianced players of it... WHAT THE HELL??? How are we supposed to be experianced if you wont help us get through it?

Youtube walk throughs are crap, "cryptic" (not the company) suggestions mean totally nothing to the inexperianced and no help from the community make this one of the hardest missions there are... Seriously... Open up, help those who can't get through with valid info... Tac. weaps and BO abbilities, Sci. Weaps. and Abilities and Eng. Weaps and abilities... Please... Give us something to go on.. No more on how to do the mission, I think we all know by now that a Tac. group goes to one gate and the others to the other gate, kill all the probes and spheres each time they spawn in and kill the gate one at a time. But what you all don't say or suggest is, what type of abbilities are best used to make it through this really very irritating mission.

I've been going at it since day one and I've nore have a few others I know EVER gotten past the first space battle part when the probes start coming in... And please don't tell my the "I'm nnot doing it right"... There is a special little secret about what abilities to have and use... Let us know what they are and OPEN up from us noobs who can't seem to get through it and invite them to your team that knows what to do and how, instead of making smug remarks about how easy it is and how you all can't understand why we have a problem with it.

My rant on the this mission and players who can't be bothered to help out.

Flame me... lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah dude, the elitism is bullcrap. Which is why reasonable people like Sir Stahl are working to bring a SANE version of STFs for people who aren't the best at STFs in this game.

We should just all magically get it!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysia_1 View Post
To all you "Pro" KA players...

GET WITH THE PROGRAM and help us who can't get through the damn mission.

I don't get it... You all say how easy it is yet when trying to get into a group one is asked if they are experianced players of it... WHAT THE HELL??? How are we supposed to be experianced if you wont help us get through it?

Youtube walk throughs are crap, "cryptic" (not the company) suggestions mean totally nothing to the inexperianced and no help from the community make this one of the hardest missions there are... Seriously... Open up, help those who can't get through with valid info... Tac. weaps and BO abbilities, Sci. Weaps. and Abilities and Eng. Weaps and abilities... Please... Give us something to go on.. No more on how to do the mission, I think we all know by now that a Tac. group goes to one gate and the others to the other gate, kill all the probes and spheres each time they spawn in and kill the gate one at a time. But what you all don't say or suggest is, what type of abbilities are best used to make it through this really very irritating mission.

I've been going at it since day one and I've nore have a few others I know EVER gotten past the first space battle part when the probes start coming in... And please don't tell my the "I'm nnot doing it right"... There is a special little secret about what abilities to have and use... Let us know what they are and OPEN up from us noobs who can't seem to get through it and invite them to your team that knows what to do and how, instead of making smug remarks about how easy it is and how you all can't understand why we have a problem with it.

My rant on the this mission and players who can't be bothered to help out.

Flame me... lol
blame tthe people who dont think like you. The people who refuse to change their skills or blatantly lie about their setups. The people who cant read. These pro's you speak of have patience but it is not indefinite. One can only go so long before he starts saying "exp. Glf 2 more KA RA from start. Exp. required. Tac Preferred."

Oh and I usually ask for 1 MAIN reason. So I know who to tell what to do. Or would you prefer we not know if youre exp and just start then kick you when you do something wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2011, 06:19 PM
KA to me was impossible for a long time, however now with the help of my fleet and other contributing factors all 3 of my fed characters have completed it several times. There is no secret setup or grouping of powers/abilities that give you an EZ button for the mission. I changed nothing on any of my characters from previous failures of this mission, just focused on my objectives given to me, and now it is completable 90% of the time I go and do it. See the thing about this missions space battle is if you have one weak link the whole team fails, (Weak) referring to a player not paying attention, not specked into there class or ship right, or anything else that detracts from the objectives/missions given to that player.

You do feel a sense of absolute accomplishment when completing this mission the first couple of times, however it does fade, then it becomes routine. I would give anything to be in your position again (No Hope) Just to feel the euphoria of finally completing it again for the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Because each player had a different setup in Captain / Bridge Officer Powers, Ship Weapons, Ship Consoles etc, so saying you want a Overview of what Abilities you should be using is a difficult.

What I have seen working well when we have done it in the past are listed below.

Tactical should be using skills that give High DPS damage to mobs in bursts Cannons etc

Science should be trying to stop the mobs from moving with Gravity Well, Debuffing and Stripping Shields etc

Engineers should be trying to hold the Mobs Agro and putting out continuous damage with as many of their Beams on target Use EPS Transfer.

Use Emergency Power to Weapons, Use a Weapons Battery if your Weapons power is low or you want to keep it high for a short duration. Do anything you can to keep your Weapons Power High.

Other Players may also also have some of these abilities like a Engineer with Target Shield Subsystems for example (like I do).

Communicate over Vent, do not try to do it on the chat window, quick communication is the best way to adjust to the game in real time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2011, 08:58 PM
I just beat cure today for the first time with a team who listened to one guy and got it done in about 2 hours and a half.

Sometimes. Maybe if lucky. if you ask around in Zone in Gamma, They will come and help. but yeah, Only if you're lucky. Im probably going to attempt KA tomorrow after a nice breakfast and an enema of iced tea. Some with my fleet. Hit me up in game. it will be my first time going through. Maybe you can teach ME something. My main character is in the link below.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2011, 09:30 PM
here is box A and box B

in one of these boxes is FREE LEWTS

in the other box is DEADLY DEATH STUFF THAT WILL KILL YOU WHEN YOU TOUCH IT

so, which box would you like? or would you just care to beat the mission instead of asking for FREE LEWTS
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2011, 09:44 PM
if the op wants to run ka send me a pm or mail ingame with your info including class, ship, ship setup and bo powers.

It shouldn't much matter if you are playing the right role for your captain or have a good cross platform setup (tac in an excel for instance)...but i've seen some woefully backward ship setups in this game.

Ill be around in 4 hours or so ingame.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2011, 10:05 PM
bro, hate to tell you, I think the problem might be (just a suggestion) you. After the Borg set went live me and my fleet did Infected/Cure/KA in roughly 1 day. I mean like 5-6 hours in 1 session. That was with Vent, 2 broken instances and 1 guy (me) being hammered drunk for KA. You know what? We beat it.

Secret to KA and any STF: A good leader who's done it before, a good fleet of bros to help you out, LOTS of patience, and Vent/TS. Also, beer helps.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2011, 10:31 PM
I was going to say something completely different, but I believe the above posts have correctly stated the obvious...

There is no need for me to spew venom all over this thread when it has been made very clear what the correct strategy is... there is no secret load-out or set of abilities, the secret is for you - the player having a hard time - to get with the program, learn how to equip your ship, use your abilities, listen to instruction and do as directed by a competent leader.

This is called learning to play. It also involves paying attention to your surroundings, helping your teamates and concentrating on the objectives.

No Big Secrets, No Special Load-outs - If you have equipped your ship in a decent manner there should be no real problems... I suppose you could equip your ship in an "un-decent" manner and fail on a continuous basis and I don't care to debate anyone's setup of choice...

I somehow did not require anyone to tell me how to do it & neither should anyone else... Practice on Infected... when you have mastered the space portion of that then perhaps you are ready for KA space... the tactics are similar but slightly more complicated as there are more gates to drop and a penalty for failure... if you are getting killed doing infected space then you are not ready...