Lt. Commander
# 71
01-29-2011, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
So?

That's not what the assurances given referred to. It's just what the mouthpieces changed the goalposts to after people already called them on breaking it.

They do affect gameplay by having different capabilities. A broader range of options is, in itself, greater power anyway.
if you consider the "options" and "abilities" these other craft have as game changers, then maybe your playing a different game.

you honestly think that a grappler is any different then the tractor beam?
that the lance is any different then the beam overload skill?

not sure why you hold on to the assurances you assumed were told. and considering your remark, i find you're a bit upset over it. so be it. many people cannot see the forest for the trees even if one fell on them when in a certain state of mind. and you are in one of those.

MORE C-STORE STUFF PLEASE!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-29-2011, 08:15 AM
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints/sexton/fleet.jpg

whatever we dont have currently, make all these available in game or c-store. thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
not sure why you hold on to the assurances you assumed were told.
Assumed?

Assumed!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Any micro-transaction that has a game effect can also be earned in the game through play.
These are the words of the boss, over and above the STO team. The exact words. Not game-breaking, not balance-affecting... anything that has an actual game effect. That is the model they claimed they were following, that I wasted words defending, that I wasted the money for a lifetime subscription trusting.
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Assumed?

Assumed!?

These are the words of the boss, over and above the STO team. The exact words. Not game-breaking, not balance-affecting... anything that has an actual game effect. That is the model they claimed they were following, that I wasted words defending, that I wasted the money for a lifetime subscription trusting.
wow...lol

way to be "too" literal...but ok. i wont take your milk. you can have it.
Lt. Commander
# 75
01-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegir View Post
I understand the whole c-store thing and paying $15 a month... but I don't agree with so many darn things in the C-Store.

Would it really hurt to release some things like ships/uniforms/ect for free?

Now seeing the Delta Flyer going C-Store is kind irritating.
You do know you can craft a Delta Flyer as an in-game alternative?
Lt. Commander
# 76
01-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
You do know you can craft a Delta Flyer as an in-game alternative?
Yep, that was stated on Page 1 Thanks anyways tho! heheh
Lt. Commander
# 77
01-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikoy

I don't want these things just given for free in game either. A lot if these items are perfect for in game rewards. Adding a faction grind with a newly discovered race where once you reach a certain reputation they open formal trade. This opens a store that has anything from clothing options to crafting schematics. Have a rep grind for each of the 13 exploration systems. Have an epic accolade for reaching top reputation with all alien factions. Some might even have ship design variants for sale for a whopping price.

What this does is add a money sink and a time sink. It allows someone who can't always afford to pay $15 plus additional c-store costs, the chance to get these items. And you make it just hard enough that those who can afford it would rather pay then do the grind.

That's a win win IMO.
Pikoy hit the nail on the head! QFT QFT

I play WoW/LotRO/and Star Trek Online (I am disabled FYI before I get called a nerd or something! So I have time to kill!!)

I don't play LotRO as much as I used to since I play Star Trek Online and ******** as the majority. I love going into WoW and working on Rep items, mounts, crafting 5/10/25 person instances. This is what works, and it works great! You get people who keep staying subscribed because there are MANY things to do once you reach the level cap. And you DO NOT have to raid to get a lot of these items. Crafting makes some good stuff and running simple 5mans with a bunch of friends is a great time which also drops mounts (ships/ostumes in STO’s case)!

Also that these grinds are not that bad and I actually enjoy them in Cataclysm. But with grinding Emblems in STO it seems like a job! I started my grind and within a few weeks I just couldn’t do it anymore! Arg!!

After a year’s time on and off of STO I am slowly starting to see the change for more stuff to do at level cap, which is GREAT! I like the crafting changes but one thing I would really, REALLY love to see if more STF’s. I know, I know, a lot of the STO people will swear that they hate 5/10/25 man dungeons type play and how stupid they are. But if you get a group of 5 buddies running thru 5 person STF at different difficulties (normal and Heroic) I think a lot of people would have blast. And at the same time getting more Emblems and/or C-Store offered loot in the game. Working for those got to have “aesthetic items”. If STF’s are not your thing, then we have crafting! Best of both worlds to keep players happy!

We are now seeing that with the Delta Flyer, and this is GREAT!! And it's made from crafting which I hope isn't as bad as grinding 500 emblems!

I am not saying “GIVE ME MORE NOW” But what I wrote above is what I would actually like to see in 2011. When I heard that Gozer was working on STF’s and now he’s not, that worries me. But I guess that’s for another topic that has already been discussed.

EDIT: Just wanted to add I have used the C-Store, I am not against it. But as the topic says....
Lt. Commander
# 78
01-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:

Hurm, didn't see this before....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Bill and I have both posted over on the Champions boards to respond to questions raised by microtransactions. I'll just reiterate what's already been copied and pasted from Bill's State of the Game address on Champions:

•The vast majority are aesthetic items, such as costume pieces, action figures, emblems, etc.
•A very few are account-level management tools, such as being able to rename a character
•Micro-transactions should never limit your ability to enjoy the game or reach the level cap
Any micro-transaction that has a game effect can also be earned in the game through play
I'm at a loss of words about that red text... im pretty shocked tbh!
Lt. Commander
# 79
01-30-2011, 04:59 PM
I understand the need for C-store items, doesn't mean I have to like it. An alternative way to obtain these items that I would like to see is a Vendor that operates in game for these items that accepts GPL. I enjoy playing Dabo, but cannot see buying a holo-emitter that is only going to last 15 minutes. I would rather invest my Latinum on something more lasting. Since Dabo is a luxury game, I would love to buy some really luxurious items.

Special ship, tailor, personal and ship equipment vendors would be awesome....plus it doubles as a time sink for the game. Win win! heck even a pet shop would be cool.

just an idea.