Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Here are some screens from the other various threads.

zimmerman

Eaves

Zimmerman

San Francisco

Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
LIke another poster has said, a lot of players do not frequent the forums, I happen to check the forums daily and have not seen any posts on this subject...

Needless to say, I am surprised there was no mention of this pack on the website, in a forum Dev post (that I have seen) or on the website calander.

Just giving everyone a heads up that it's there and if Cryptic want to make money out of the C-Store they need to be letting people know when they're putting things on there... Advertise :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
thats a big drop if you fall off your seat.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Here are some screens from the other various threads.

zimmerman

Eaves

Zimmerman

San Francisco

yikes..whoever took those really needs to upgrade their computer.

also, christ those are huge..
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Other than the Captain's seat being ten feet in the air, they are no different to the standard bridges.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Other than the Captain's seat being ten feet in the air, they are no different to the standard bridges.
Well, one other difference. These are available at starting level (if you bought the pack), while the other variants are unlocked as you level.

Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2011, 05:54 PM
There is also no information on this on the website. I wonder when they will update it with more info on them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Apparently, they're called Sovereign class bridges because they're so big you can fit a Sovereign class ship inside of them.

Zimmerman bridge? I think Zentradi bridge would be a better name.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2011, 05:38 AM
SIGH...

Yet another set of bridges with absolutely no effort on Cryptic's part to scale things down even slighhtly.

I understand the necessity to ensure that the camera they refuse to fix works right in the virtual space, but does it have to be THAT massive? Can't they adjust their scaling standards down to at least 75% of what they are now?

The Enterprise-D bridge was the most spacious bridge in the movies and shows, but even that was tiny compared to even the smallest bridge in this game.

The gameplay is improving greatly and is feeling more Trek-apropriate with each update. But the scaling of interiors still leaves a lot to be desired. and I really wish Cryptic would admit how stupid it looks, make changes to their bloody camera interior mechanics, and start making interiors more realistically scaled...

When they get the feature in Foundry set up where we can create our own custom ship interiors, at LEAST let there be geometry that is to scale that we can use if we WANT to... Same goes for geometry we can use in our own stories. And then let Cryptic judge whether or not it is used more and more and if it is, then maybe they can start using it in their official content as well...