Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_Harnaman
Look Green 117 I was over charged and other people are having the same issue. I bought at the advertised price of 153 (not taking into account VAT yes I know there is VAT) however I had 230.99 come out of my account so even at 20% VAT it still doesnt display the difference. Ive worked in retail and you can advertise a product with a shelf edge label with a price on it. If it goes through the Point of sale at a higher price than the shelf edge ticket (ie you charge more than you advertise) your breaking the law. Please dont feel the need to flame me i love this game but this really is a bad bad error on cryptics part.
Who is 'flaming' you? Its text, you intrepret it how you wish, i was merely stating the obvious since i live in England and know how things work. You'll get your refund, and soon i'm sure of it. Its a bad error yes, but things happen. You will be redeemed, whether this be 4 hours or 4 days later.

How do you think i feel having purchased my LTS on the 17th of December, treating myself to a reward for a great term at University?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Did you get the Lifetime within the first 40 minutes of it being on sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, we're looking at CmdrTuvok's unique issue now.

For everyone else, the sale apparently was kicked off a little late. So, if you attempted to purchase a LTS after 6:00am PST, but before 6:40am PST, there is a chance that you may have been charged an incorrect amount.

Please contact Customer Support if this occurred, and we'll get you fixed right up.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Think about it... Crytpic doesn't do refunds... and, they have your money already? If you are expecting a refund or price adjustment, I'm sorry. This is from a company that, in another one of their MMO's are charging $239 for a free to play game. This "accident" is planned. Most people won't even look at their statement till their next billing cycle, and by then (and yes, even now) its too late, because it specifically states, there is no refunds. Unfortunately, this is the type of issue that you have to deal with, for a company struggling and nickel and diming the players to keep the game afloat.

If you do not believe me, search the C-store forums and look at all the c-store mistakes that were made that were non-refunded because they don't do it. And before you say, "Well, the c-store is items, that is why" to get the items you have to spend real money, so, since you (even if you didn't) made the purchase, you have to deal with what you got, even if it wasn't intended.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomrunning View Post
Think about it... Crytpic doesn't do refunds... and, they have your money already? If you are expecting a refund or price adjustment, I'm sorry. This is from a company that, in another one of their MMO's are charging $239 for a free to play game. This "accident" is planned. Most people won't even look at their statement till their next billing cycle, and by then (and yes, even now) its too late, because it specifically states, there is no refunds. Unfortunately, this is the type of issue that you have to deal with, for a company struggling and nickel and diming the players to keep the game afloat.

If you do not believe me, search the C-store forums and look at all the c-store mistakes that were made that were non-refunded because they don't do it. And before you say, "Well, the c-store is items, that is why" to get the items you have to spend real money, so, since you (even if you didn't) made the purchase, you have to deal with what you got, even if it wasn't intended.
Wow, thanks for the information. Just exactly which part of Cryptics Accounts Department do you work for? This was planned? Planned. Oh lol. Cryptic are so so evil, they even rob you during the sales, apparently.
Be careful what you say and make up, i've seen people get bitten in the behind for far less. And no, i don't believe you...

Personally, i think i'll trust StormShade on this one.

"Originally Posted by StormShade
Ok, we're looking at CmdrTuvok's unique issue now.

For everyone else, the sale apparently was kicked off a little late. So, if you attempted to purchase a LTS after 6:00am PST, but before 6:40am PST, there is a chance that you may have been charged an incorrect amount.

Please contact Customer Support if this occurred, and we'll get you fixed right up.

Thanks,

Stormshade"

So there you have it. Freedomrunning or StormShade. Now which post would you listen to?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2011, 04:01 AM
I recently bought the life time sub and paid the full amount, then a day later I had an email from them stating that it was a mistake and that they will be refunding the difference back to the card that I paid on.