Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-01-2011, 04:47 AM
I have a friend who is interested in Star Trek Online, he asked me what it was like a while back, I told him quite frankly that it has a ton of potential but its not quite there. He asked me to let him know when I think its up to par.

There have been tons of improvements recently and lots of things that If he where to join the game I would be proud to show him. But there are a few things that are in the game that hold me back from giving it my endorsement. A couple of things that if i gave this game my seal of approval I would be embarrased about him experiencing.

These ridiculously oversized bridges are one of them (the cavenous interiors as a whole are a embarrasment!)
The barn doors are gradually being fixed thankfully, the transporter pads are still too big but seem to be getting a tad smaller. But despite all this you guys are still churning out these temple sized bridges!!

There ae a few bridges in the game which show that you can make them at a more reasonable scale.
The Atlas Bridge is a good example of this on the Federation side, the Batlh Bridge on the KDF is another.

Please for the love of all thats holy, dont make any more of these pathetically huge bridges, or if you insist on their inclusion please when releasing the the bridge pack include a smaller version.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
I have a friend who is interested in Star Trek Online, he asked me what it was like a while back, I told him quite frankly that it has a ton of potential but its not quite there. He asked me to let him know when I think its up to par.

There have been tons of improvements recently and lots of things that If he where to join the game I would be proud to show him. But there are a few things that are in the game that hold me back from giving it my endorsement. A couple of things that if i gave this game my seal of approval I would be embarrased about him experiencing.

These ridiculously oversized bridges are one of them (the cavenous interiors as a whole are a embarrasment!)
The barn doors are gradually being fixed thankfully, the transporter pads are still too big but seem to be getting a tad smaller. But despite all this you guys are still churning out these temple sized bridges!!

There ae a few bridges in the game which show that you can make them at a more reasonable scale.
The Atlas Bridge is a good example of this on the Federation side, the Batlh Bridge on the KDF is another.

Please for the love of all thats holy, dont make any more of these pathetically huge bridges, or if you insist on their inclusion please when releasing the the bridge pack include a smaller version.

I'm sure there's an option when choosing the ships interior that allows you to vary the size from small to medium to large.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Bridges in general and the associated packs are all mega fail on scale , design and Bo placement (or lack of). This latest bridge pack heist was most likely kept quiet for good reason. Its more developer time wasted on interiors we do not want to have.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
I'm sure there's an option when choosing the ships interior that allows you to vary the size from small to medium to large.
It doesn't affect the height of the bridge nor the height of the hallways. All it does is decrease the distance you run to the non-functional areas of your ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-01-2011, 05:26 AM
I just bought this pack .......

For once, I never saw a bridge too huge even for the Sovereign ship ...
On this bridge, we could organize racing pods without problem so it's too big (very very big).

Cryptic said, is the management problems of the camera. But also to manage events on the ship. The problem is that nothing happens on the ships now. Enemies who beam up on the ship (on the bridge or in the rest of the ship). I'm not talking about mission (Forge). But current events during the phases of movement in space for example. Star Trek events.

The interiors are really important, and they are all too big :/
Some species have vessels but not the interiors that go with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-01-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foss View Post
Some species have vessels but not the interiors that go with it.
Yeah.. Like the

Gorn Bridge
Orion Bridge
Nausicaan Bridge


Oh, did you mean Vulcan bridge?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-01-2011, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It doesn't affect the height of the bridge nor the height of the hallways. All it does is decrease the distance you run to the non-functional areas of your ship.
That's a pity. A real shame that the bridge size issue couldn't have been solved that easily.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-01-2011, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
That's a pity. A real shame that the bridge size issue couldn't have been solved that easily.
Hopefully, custom interior tech makes it all moot - assuming they let us do bridges too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Hopefully, custom interior tech makes it all moot - assuming they let us do bridges too.
That would be awesome! I'll join in with the hopes for that!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:05 PM.