Lt. Commander
# 11
08-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
The voting takes place every other hour at the top of the hour.
Thanks for that correction. I was actually coming back to this thread specifically to correct myself, because I wandered over to the Admiral about an hour ago and read the "every other hour" bit.

Quote:
Also, it seemed very inconsistent as to whether a visiting diplomat arrived or not, there is no announcement if/when they arrive or on board DS9 when you arrive, and no one seems to know how long they stay. When they do appear, it seems to be somewhere near the NPC where you vote, but noone has been able to purchase anything from them yet.
Guess this function hasn't been enabled yet, then.

Quote:
It seems in this game, the reason people seek the diplomatic path of the Ambassador is not for the chance to represent others, but for personal gain instead.
As far as talking about the rewards only, I have to admit I did it for personal gain. I really wanted -- and am now enjoying having -- the DS9 transwarp. Other than that, I moved up the diplomatic ranks for enjoyment of some of the storylines and the First Contacts. Looking forward to the anthropology missions when those are available!

I do like your idea, though, of trying to find out what tokens non-Ambassadors would find most useful, then voting for that one.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-22-2010, 09:45 AM
I finally got over to Adm. Carebear and she said we have a Quorum. I was reading about the different Ambassadors, and suddenly my screen went away. She beamed out/in (refreshed) and the voting was gone/over. Ah, it's past 9:15a. So you have to finish voting during the alloted quarter hour.

Looks like I have to wait two more hours to try again.

Oh, and Carebear's dialogue is horrible. There were several missing words and/or bad grammar. I bugged it (tkt 956,380). I wonder how long it'll take to get fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-25-2010, 07:26 PM
From what I can gather, when the ambassadors do appear (which I still have not witnessed myself yet), it's not in every instance of DS9, and may not even be persistent between instances. I don't think anyone has been able to get any items yet from them either (if they have, they're not saying anything).

So it looks like this still needs quite a lot of work. So far we see:
  • -you can place a vote, BUT:
  • -no announcement of the election winner
  • -no notification of where the visiting ambassador is supposed to be or even if he/she/it is present
  • -no indication on how long the ambassador will be visiting
  • -no prices (if any) on the ambassador's items
  • -no voting result breakdown
  • -inconsistent instances/votes for one instance may or may not be added to a total of all instances/ambassadors visiting one instance may not be in other instances
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Quote:
From what I can gather, when the ambassadors do appear (which I still have not witnessed myself yet), it's not in every instance of DS9, and may not even be persistent between instances. I don't think anyone has been able to get any items yet from them either (if they have, they're not saying anything).

So it looks like this still needs quite a lot of work. So far we see:
  • -you can place a vote, BUT:
  • -no announcement of the election winner
  • -no notification of where the visiting ambassador is supposed to be or even if he/she/it is present
  • -no indication on how long the ambassador will be visiting
  • -no prices (if any) on the ambassador's items
  • -no voting result breakdown
  • -inconsistent instances/votes for one instance may or may not be added to a total of all instances/ambassadors visiting one instance may not be in other instances
Yeah, that about sums it up lol
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-26-2010, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantore View Post
Yeah, that about sums it up lol
Well... The FDC got me a hot new piece of eye candy, ahem, I mean Bridge Officer, and a new Diplomat uniform... And uh, that later prize got Cryptic some C-Store cash, since I had to buy a new costume slot... So uh... "SUCCESS!!!"

...uh, right?

Lt. Commander
# 16
09-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Seems to work. After the 15mins you will see the ambassador standing next to the Admiral but you don't get a contact with him.

I switched to my other toon who wasn't Fed Ambassador and was able to contact the ambassador. I don't think other people know they are there and can get the tokens/consumables so its kind of pointless if there isn't an annoucement?

Also, the ambassador seems to go after 30 mins.

You can't switch instances and vote again but a diff instance might have a diff ambassador appear if someone else voted there.

Didn't remember it costing anything it was just like a reward screen where you choose one of 3 items. Miy options were a minor regenerator, minor component and a transwarp token.

Urr'ahn doesn't give anything. Can't remember which one did the first time I did it.

Ammendment. May ber there is a cooldown so u cant get stuff more than once a day from an ambassador?

M''urquinn didn't work for me today. Is it just the one ambassador who works or is it very random? Weird my other toon only got a talk menu but someone in my fleet was able to get the consumables. How does this work devs???
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Is there a post from the developers that explains how this works?? It seems totally random. Would understand if it was random between Ambassadors but some people get consumables and others can't from same ambassador in same instance. Understand if there was a 24 hour cooldown but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2011, 10:31 AM
At 18GTM the ambassador reset, for 15 min I could vote, and I voted the DS9 tokens guy. At 18:16 or so Karebahh reseted again, and the ambassador I voted for appeared , heres the screenshot

http://www.wegame.com/view/star-trek...-02-01-102527/

I couldn`t buy anything or interact with him, I don`t know for non-ambassadors ...

I changed the instance and the new ambassador dissapeared, I changed back the instance and there it was,

So is persistent but only in one instance ...

Later : At around 18:40 GTM the new ambassador dissapeared ...so it only stays around 30min ....this feature of the game is really screwed
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Holy Guacamole Necro-Thread Batman!

Quick! Kill it with Fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3aT View Post
....this feature of the game is really screwed
You are correct Zombie Master Beat. The whole Ambassador Voting "Feature" has never really worked, to my knowledge. The Devs have commented that they're aware of it, but nothing has been done to fix it. >shrug<
Lt. Commander
# 20 Where
03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
As I've said in another thread, the transwarp tokens don't seem to be for Ambassadors (as they already get powers to transwarp to DS9, K7, and SB39). This voting process that Ambassadors get to take part in seems mainly to benefit people that aren't Ambassadors. This is a concept that seems to be falling on its face b/c the reaction most heard so far is not "hey, now we can help others, tell us who you want us to vote for", it's "OMG WTF WHY DID I GRIND ALL THIS WAY FOR STOOPID TOKENS I DONT NEED"

It seems in this game, the reason people seek the diplomatic path of the Ambassador is not for the chance to represent others, but for personal gain instead.
Where do you get the tokens?