Lt. Commander
# 31
02-01-2011, 11:11 AM
The German localization is shoddy at best,and for the record...Germany has the largest number of STO players outside the US,Cryptic would be wise to get the localization right.He started this thread on this forum to get the devs attention,because it's not working in the German forums.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2011, 11:11 AM
I am an german too. So I know what Locutus is takling about. In this thread it is not about getting help fom the Dev's, as from the bigger community. We all talked and complaind to WishStone, and she did spoke with Stormshade. Her later answer was, she can't help, still no other Dev is willing to listen to us.

So I think Locutus is trying to make you understand in what situation we are. By the way, it is not just us, the french peolpe have the same problem. Our both translations are awfull, not even inchoate, and beside this we can't use it, because a lot of important informations are not even in the text info's. Things like, firing arc degree, mission level, etc.

It is all but fair to us. We mostly pay 15 Euro + our VAT. So we do technically pay much more for the game as the us people, still we've been treaten like the stepchild.

So, what would you, US people, do if you would been threaten so as well? Woud you just stay there and swallow it? Or would you make it public for the whole comunity. - Locutus made it public for all of us. I even get so far to see this a try of dialogue with the french players. (Not every german unterstand french, and the less of the french understands german, so we have to communicate in english. So here we are!)

Do the dev's even realise that with this going on, further or later more and more non english people will stop playing STO? When STO was released french and germans were almost a third part of the community, 'till now we dimished to less than a quarter. This is as well because of the inadmissible translation! It sems the dev's do not realise that they loose paying clients or not even get them, because of the nonexistent translation.

And by the way, this isn't a STO only thing. It is the same problem in CO, wich is much more advanced and longer released. So it is a Cryptic intern politics.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-01-2011, 11:14 AM
I am a German player. I haven't seen the German localization, but it seems to be horrible by what little I have heard about it.

But wha I heard about it also suggests that there isn't much that is/can be done currently.

The discussion forums are _not_ primarily a forum for the Devs to read, even if we sometimes wish it is. The Community Team is responsible for gathering feedback and relaying it to the development team or the producer. I doubt that WishStone has missed the threads he himself posted in where people complain about the issue. I would guess he has relayed the translation problem to his superiors.

What is wrong with the Devs? They have a frack-load of stuff to do and German or French translation or their translation tools are apparantly not on the top list.
That sucks for the non-English speaking Germans. Aber es wird sich nicht einfach so šndern. 100 % der community ein neues Raumschiff und eine funktionierende Foundry zu liefern ist vielleicht einfach wichtiger als 10 % eine saubere ‹bersetzung.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
[...] I doubt that WishStone has missed the threads he himself posted in where people complain about the issue. I would guess he has relayed the translation problem to his superiors. [...]
Just for the records he is a she.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-01-2011, 11:34 AM
1) When I close a thread and ask you take the topic to the German Forums, I really do expect you to follow that advice.

2) Discussing moderation on the forums is a great way to get banned from the forums. There are several other methods available if you would like to dispute an action our moderation team makes. Namely, you can file a community support ticket here.

3) I have directed you to the German forums so that the German OCR, and Localization Producer (Wishstone is both Dev, and OCR) would be more likely to see your thread. I have also directed you there because I know this topic has already been discussed there, and you have been provided the answers you seek in those forums.

In short, the answer is that we are aware of the problem, and are working on a fix. For more details, please visit one of the threads that Wishstone has replied to which explain the situation in more detail.

Thread closed.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Closed Thread