Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
You would think so wouldn't you. I find it amazing how people just love to moan at the most trivial of things. Just imagine if some of the problems in the world right now actually did concern some of us for once. A little perspective would go a long way, don't you think?... ><

Anyway, well said KyotoCarl, and thanks for the heads up about the patch StormShade. Looking forward to the event so very much

"moan about trivial things", i think ill give you the understatement of the year award thus far. Its a video game for crying out loud people. 7 hours could be well used watching Star Trek episodes. Have you watched all the animated series ones yet?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbomber
"moan about trivial things", i think ill give you the understatement of the year award thus far. Its a video game for crying out loud people. 7 hours could be well used watching Star Trek episodes. Have you watched all the animated series ones yet?
*Holds back the tears*

I'd just like to thank my beautiful family, my supportive friends, and of course, dstahl and the Cryptic team....
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm just not looking forward to how long it will take to patch.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2011, 06:01 PM
The delay doesn't bother me at all. I will be looking forward to event tomorrow afternoon.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Its not even so much the delay that is bothering me, its the fact that there is no explanation of why they need an extra 5 hours than normal to do the update. And I would like to know when the actual event will begin now since it will obviously be delayed till later tomorrow because of this.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2011, 06:14 PM
I just exited the game and a prepatch came up. Go go go!!!!1
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2011, 06:34 PM
They definitely mean 12:00 PM UTC not AM...
I always ask Wolfram Alpha to convert the times for me.

http://www.wolframalpha.com

Just feed it with "4:00 AM PST to UTC".
I suggest european players shall always recalculate these "Cryptic UTC Times" (you got the joke in there aren't you) to the real times
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2011, 07:11 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH, I'm snowed in! now what I am I supposed to do all day!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckTrek
I just exited the game and a prepatch came up. Go go go!!!!1
Same here.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl View Post
Aren't you people a bit too picky? You can't find something to do for 7 hours? it's gonna be an event which takes place over a few days so you'll have plenty of times to play it whenever you feel ike it.
You do realize that not everyone has your schedule, right?

Eight hour work day. Eight of sleep. Now add in meal time, commuting time, and assorted other personal business and you find a lot of people who don't have 7+ hours of free time in a day and who can't easily reschedule their playtime to account for the servers being offline during the entirety of their peak hours.

Maybe some people have 16+ free hours a day where they can shove stuff around their schedule at their leisure, but most don't. Some of those people may have wanted to take part in the "anniversary celebrations" on the actual anniversary, yet they won't be able to thanks to the length of this downtime.

Is missing out on the anniversary the end of the world? No, but it's certainly reasonable for some people to be upset about it.