Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
I'm looking at a complete overhaul for colors and selection of them right now, and I think "good things" are coming...
Matt, that sounds great. It sure would be loveley to have the Holy Trinity of ST Colors easily available (as well as having a full color wheel).

While you're under the hood fixing colors, please consider adding green and purple hues to the KDF color pallet and allowing us to change the colors of our baldrics? Thanks again for the update and bit of "hope"
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2011, 10:07 AM
I would like a full body color option rather than piecing it together. For example, have an option to the side that just says main color, you click it and your entire uniform becomes that color.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
I'm looking at a complete overhaul for colors and selection of them right now, and I think "good things" are coming. It might take a while, but I want to make sure if we do a big change, we do it right, so I'm trying to get the appropriate time/resources to try out a few ideas internally first. I know it's an issue, and it's near the top of my list of concerns!

Not a lot of info there, but hopefully it can give you some hope!

Cheers,

Matt
I am so glad that you're looking into this area. Please give us a "beige" so we can have TMP uniforms like the ones pictured in the C-Store. Thank you very much.

In all seriousness, I hope that it will mean that we'll have more options to be creative, rather than less. I'd also hope that we get additional colour options in the hull-marking section of the ship tailor as well, because I'd really love to have yellow markings on my ship (which is currently not an option). Frankly I'd hope that we'd see some kind of library of "official" colours.. augmented with a "custom" colour picker where we could either utilize a colour wheel, or enter in html-style hexcodes.

Again however, thank you very much for putting your attention to this matter. I for one, appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
I'm looking at a complete overhaul for colors and selection of them right now, and I think "good things" are coming. It might take a while, but I want to make sure if we do a big change, we do it right, so I'm trying to get the appropriate time/resources to try out a few ideas internally first. I know it's an issue, and it's near the top of my list of concerns!

Not a lot of info there, but hopefully it can give you some hope!

Cheers,

Matt
Request: When you do this can we have all uniform colours available in off duty too? I find the off duty colours wishy washy.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
I am so glad that you're looking into this area. Please give us a "beige" so we can have TMP uniforms like the ones pictured in the C-Store. Thank you very much.

While we still haven't decided exactly how to implement new color selection yet, our intention is to continue to drive STO closer and closer to an accurate representation of Trek canon. Obviously, this is a game, and as such we will make exceptions, but still we want to steer the ship towards that canon light.

Yes, there are some really specific colors in the Trek canon (like that TMP beige) that actually aren't available right now. It's one of the reasons I want to do the overhaul.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
While we still haven't decided exactly how to implement new color selection yet, our intention is to continue to drive STO closer and closer to an accurate representation of Trek canon. Obviously, this is a game, and as such we will make exceptions, but still we want to steer the ship towards that canon light.

Yes, there are some really specific colors in the Trek canon (like that TMP beige) that actually aren't available right now. It's one of the reasons I want to do the overhaul.
Just don't disclude colors that already exist and ruin some people's uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I think the ideal would be to have an extra 1-5 colors standing alone on every costume piece's color selection identified as the official color. This may or may not be a color normally usable on uniforms.

Then add a button at the bottom to set all colors to their official colors on all pieces, with the default being command colors.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Does this include the way the colors look on materials? Especially some of the canon uniforms like the TNG and DS9 ones?

Compare TNG with the new AGT uniforms... even though they are likely made of the same material, the new ones have much richer colors, especially the black. The TNG uniforms look as if they have been washed too many times.

I beg you, bring back black
lolololol

It can be understood why TNG movie uniform for example is of lesser quality to a paid item from c-store, but terribly annoying. I find that the shoulder and undersleave colors go 'outside' the lines when you zoom in for example. Bleeding into other parts of the uniform ever so slightly.

(I know you prob meant TNG show).

here here for color reform!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:

Is there anyway to implement/add a way for the player to select colors based on their RGB or HEX values, in addition to the color boxes already in game? I would think that would be an easier option than adding new color options individually over a period of time.

Saith
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:

While you're at it could you add tooltips discribing each of the colors? Not just for uniforms, but for ships, hair, skin, etc. I'm completly colorblind and this would be EXTREMLY helpful. Especially for aliens.