# 21
02-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Ground and space is working
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekuScrubby View Post
My enemy ground groups either move very slightly or not at all when I engage them. Is this related?
Yes, that is exactly the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2011, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddy18 View Post
I just checked, and for me it's not working.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
No, they aren't.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
No, they aren't.
yes they are
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Work fine in both space and ground in my published missions, just it doesnt work on ground npc's in foundry preview.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teasdaleern View Post
Work fine in both space and ground in my published missions, just it doesnt work on ground npc's in foundry preview.
Ok, I will check the published missions and see what happens. Thanks,

The ships move around in space but it's barely noticeable. I use the settings the dev posted perviously.

I have already withdrawn and republished.

Any other suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Ground will never work until after publish. (Unless we manage to somehow massively change the way things currently work.)

Space should work in preview and publish, though. I've found that the real problem is that when ships are at idle, they move, but very slowly and mostly in-place. This makes it seem like your wander stuff isn't working. Set idle weight to 1 and wander weight to something really high and see what happens. And set idle duration low and wander duration high.

Play with it and see if you can make stuff work.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Ground will never work until after publish. (Unless we manage to somehow massively change the way things currently work.)

Space should work in preview and publish, though. I've found that the real problem is that when ships are at idle, they move, but very slowly and mostly in-place. This makes it seem like your wander stuff isn't working. Set idle weight to 1 and wander weight to something really high and see what happens. And set idle duration low and wander duration high.

Play with it and see if you can make stuff work.
I did try that, including the settings you mentioned are all what the ships in The Syndicate Extraction are using I think. But they are all static. I set also made a test missions where the wander weight and durations high and idles to their minimums (I don't think I could set them to nothing). Could not get them to do more than wiggle in place.

Could this be because the mission has been published before and has pathing stuff processed already? I seem to recall reading a post dstahl made about how publishing worked and how the AI pathing gets added to with each publish. I dunno. That's the only thing I can think of to explain why some old missions don't work and some new ones do.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
yes they are
No. Really. They aren't.

I have withdrawn the mission several times and republished. I have destroyed the ground mobs, remade them, and then republished. I have not been able to get ground groups to do anything but stand stock still and wait to be shot.

I can't get ground wander to work no matter what I do.

I also just posted a thread asking Cryptic to not put more UGC on holodeck until they fix pathing in maps and mob wandering. If they put stuff on live like it is, all they will accomplish is to sour the players on UGC since they won't know the pathing problems and stationary mobs are not the authors fault.

After hyping UGC so much, to launch it like it is will just sour potential players and make them think UGC authors turn out crap missions.