Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 461
02-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
I wasn't privy to their selection criteria; the folks doing the research weren't homeless guys they hired in the park however, they were professionals with experience in conducting market research.
I noticed that you still haven't provided any proof of your alleged market research.

I've never read anything said by any Cryptic employee regarding market research. So since you still haven't offered any proof I'm going to just state now for the record that I do not believe that this market research ever happened.
Lt. Commander
# 462
02-01-2011, 07:41 PM
46 pages. Really? This thread needs to die. I'm sick and tired of MMO players whining "my faction is suffering/nerfed/blah blah". Can we please just accept that STO has 2 factions. Yes 1 has more PvE content. So what? Play Fed for it! I simply hold up this point. Name ONE series or movie that starred the Klingons. You won't. So why concentrate on the Klingons at the expense of everything else? Why bother spending so much grief over it when you can just as easily take a deep breath and play Fed?

I have a Klingon toon that I did grind up with PvP before the added content. You know what? I'm better for it. I'm better at PvP, and the game in general.

Please, will some moderator close this thread and let it die. It will never, ever end. Or better yet, move it to the Klingon Gameplay forum where it belongs. Tha way other posts in this forum can get some attention.
Lt. Commander
# 463
02-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperatorDeus40k
46 pages. Really? This thread needs to die.
What's really funny is that every time one of you KDF haters posts this you bump the thread back to the top.

ROFL!!
Lt. Commander
# 464
02-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Going to disagree about a previous poster saying that 99% of players are feds. Technically, 100% are since you have to have a fed toon.

The problem isnt the numbers. Its the possibility. I leveled up a Klingon after the pvp xp nerf. It was horrible back then. There was zero content besides running around in the "exploration" missions.

I would love to have something to do on the Klingon side. I mean after leveling three feds to max level I want to do the same for the klingon side.

There is nothing to do. No variety of missions. Nothing. Nothing to do. Thats the problem. Season 2 was supposed to have Klingon content. They got exploration missions. Not content. Nothing on par with the Federation.

If you want people to play, you need to give them something to play with. I havent played because there is nothing to do. At least with a parity of content, I can play KDF.

Which was promised by the devs from the beginning. Even though they are trying a Jedi mind trick on us by saying that they never intended to have 2 factions. There are videos still on the site that state other wise.

This cry will go out for a long time. I just want to have something to do in this game. No way I want to go through the exploration/occasional pvp match (when you can get a pvp match) leveling with a second or a third klingon.

The game was sold as having 2 factions. Give us 2 factions. All this fed content is nice. The meat of the matter is giving us a game that is what we were sold.
Lt. Commander
# 465
02-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I noticed that you still haven't provided any proof of your alleged market research.

I've never read anything said by any Cryptic employee regarding market research. So since you still haven't offered any proof I'm going to just state now for the record that I do not believe that this market research ever happened.
Research was done by Nielsen Media Research and Perpetual Entertainment back in 2005. Here is the article on it: LINK

The original Perpetual site is long gone so you can not access the survey results on their site.

Luckily I was able to find the results reposted here: LINK

So it appears syberghost was correct about a survey.
Lt. Commander
# 466
02-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
There is at least one case documented by Zinc on these forums where a canon ship was delayed in release and a Cryptic-designed ship released first instead, because CBS approved the Cryptic design after a lot fewer cycles of submission/rejection with notes/resubmission than with the canon ship. Said canon ship (I want to say it was the Nebula, but I could be remembering wrong) was in fact rejected by CBS again the day before it was scheduled to load.

There is also the fact that every Star Trek series has introduced new ships, not just flown around the old ones again, and this game has the second longest time gap from the previous "series" in Star Trek history, behind TNG. Of course there are going to be new ships at the forefront; that's how Star Trek has done it since they changed the Constitution-Class Enterprise for the 1978 movie.
And that is unlikely to be the case most of the time. Further, given that most of the ships are going straight to the C-store, it then becomes directly about revenue too.

As far as evolving new ships, well, that's what the Enterprise contest is for, and we're still talking about a Fed ship there.
Lt. Commander
# 467
02-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Quote:
46 pages. Really? This thread needs to die. I'm sick and tired of MMO players whining "my faction is suffering/nerfed/blah blah".
Classic... a moaner who is moaning against moaners because they are sick of the moaning and want other threads (probably moan threads) to receive more attention.

And btw, I just finished playing "Second Star to the Right" and "Keep your Enemies Closer" on my KDF toon. Some of the best content in the entire game. I want more of the same for the Klingon faction. If you consider that whining then tough cookies... you're gonna keep hearing it from MANY players in this thread and MANY others.
Lt. Commander
# 468
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Quote:
46 pages. Really? This thread needs to die.
If it bothers you, dont read it. But if you choose to do so, then you have only yourself to blame.
Lt. Commander
# 469
02-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Yes it does indeed show that he was correct about a survey having been done. However, unless I'm reading this wrong the information given appears to contradict his claims.

Anyway, thank you very much for sharing this link with us Asakara.
Lt. Commander
# 470
02-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Research was done by Nielsen Media Research and Perpetual Entertainment back in 2005. Here is the article on it: LINK

The original Perpetual site is long gone so you can not access the survey results on their site.

Luckily I was able to find the results reposted here: LINK

Wow, those results are pretty interesting. Apparently more people from the group they polled wanted to play Borg and Klingon than Fed...
Closed Thread