Lt. Commander
# 1 XP Boost Question
02-03-2011, 06:07 AM
I've searched around but can't find any info on this...The calender shows the XP boosts only going on until today, the 3rd. So does that mean if I buy one and don't use it before the end of today it wont work anymore? or can I buy one or more today and keep them for later use? - Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2011, 06:48 AM
The calender shows the release date of items, events etc.and not expiration dates. The XP-stuff will work today, tomorrow, next week and so on.

The xp boost is also available as a drop in game (and you get an 8 hour version for free from Q). You don't have to buy it from the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellspawny View Post
The calender shows the release date of items, events etc.and not expiration dates. The XP-stuff will work today, tomorrow, next week and so on.

The xp boost is also available as a drop in game (and you get an 8 hour version for free from Q). You don't have to buy it from the c-store.
Thanks very much!

I got the one from Q already but I didn't know you could win one in a game - could you elaborate further on this 'drop in game' please? like where to find it etc...

I've had the game since launch but am only Commander...I don't get a lot of time to play so I need all the help I can get
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarlix View Post
Thanks very much!

I got the one from Q already but I didn't know you could win one in a game - could you elaborate further on this 'drop in game' please? like where to find it etc...

I've had the game since launch but am only Commander...I don't get a lot of time to play so I need all the help I can get
The 1 hour versions were added to the loot tables, so there's a (if I remember correctly) very rare chance for one to drop as loot after killing a critter/ship. I think the 1 hour ones are the only one that were added to be random drops like that; the 8 hour version (I *think*) you have to buy from the C-Store, after you use your free Q one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2011, 08:10 AM
There's also the chance to get the 1 hour version by completing the anomaly scanning game. I got one at the Q fountain at earth space dock, too. Some guys sell them on the exchange, I saw an 8 hour version for ~7m ECs yesterday.
Hint: complete several missions, but don't cash them in yet. Finally activate the 1h xp boost and finish all completed missions by hailing starfleet. You won't get a bonus for killing NPCs while doing the missions but the +20% for the mission rewards will overcompensate that by far.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys, you've been most helpful!

And thanks for the hint Hellspawny - I'm going to do that.