Lt. Commander
Hey all,

The Fluidic space fleet action left me severely disappointed. The idea behind it is cool, but the execution falls flat in so many ways. I've been thinking of some Fleet Action ideas that are easily translatable into Warzone PVP area ideas. The reason i'm suggesting a new warzone is because Ker'rat doesn't exactly inspire any kind of awe in me. Not like the suggestions i'm going to be putting forth here in any case. Let's Begin!

Starbase 114 Defense Fleet Action

Source: Distress Call in Sector Space, once your close enough to the Starbase

Story: As you warp into the space surrounding Starbase 114, one of your bridge officers notes that there is a HUGE Klingon/Orion/Gorn or (insert race here) Fleet in the area. Communications at Starbase 114 have been jammed, and they are unable to call for help. After a few tries, your bridge officer connects you to the Admiral of Starbase 114 ( Cryptic if you take this idea, it would be so cool if you use my main as the admiral ), who quickly asks for your starship's assistance in defending the Starbase. You maneuver your ship between the Klingon Fleet and the starbase behind you, prepared to defend it to the death!

Gameplay: Shortly after the first person enters the instance (2 minutes), the enemy begins sending waves of enemy ships. Each wave has more and more ships, and the ships sent become more advanced with each wave. There would be 12 - 15 waves in total, with the last wave fielding no less than 10 dreadnought type ships.

For this to work, Cryptic would have to make a Starbase model for combat purposes, Starbase only weapons and shields and equipment. The starbase should be able to withstand a significant amount of damage before expiring. General alerts are issued to all players in the instance if the starbase drops below 75%, 50% and 25% respectively.

If the players are successful in repelling the attack, all involved are randomly rewarded a green or blue item. If the starbase is destroyed, the standard reward table is applied. There should be a maxiumum of 20 players in each instance, and the final wave should throw around 70-80 ships at them to make sure the battle is epic enough.

Epilogue: Cryptic needs to implement Fleet Actions that reward teamplay, not DPS. If all the players work together and heal the starbase while repelling waves of increasing difficulty, the reward for victory should not just go to the one with the most damage but to all who participated. A certain level of damage and/or healing should be required to prevent afkr's from enjoying the benefits of this Fleet Action. To add to the re-playability, the race attacking Starbase 114 could be completely RANDOM.

And now for my new Warzone to replace the defunct Ker'rat system...

Opposing Outposts Warzone

Source: Commander Mazka(and his klingon counterpart) informs you of a Federation and Klingon outpost that are a mere 5 light-years away form one another. Your orders are to report there and assist in destroying the outpost, one way or another.

Story: Federation outpost 4122 and Klingon outpost 96 are a mere 5 light-years away from one another. Both the Federation and the Klingons have been trying to destroy one another's outpost through sheer firepower and marine boarding actions. Your orders are to assist in destroying the opposing outpost by planting tri-cobalt devices in the warp core of said outpost.

Gameplay:Both sides have similar objectives, destroy the fleet guarding the enemy outpost (20 player ship kills)/or destroying an outposts defenses(50 turret kills) and board their outpost and plant the tri-cobalt bomb in the warpcore.

The Outposts have little to no defense as it stands, they are completely vulnerable without a fleet protecting them. There will be a smattering of Ai ships guarding them along with exactly 50 turrets. Once the kill cap for the turrets or the player kills is reached, everyone is prompted to beam onto the outpost that is vulnerable. The new objective is for the attackers to plant the bomb, while the defenders repel them for a set amount of time. Planting the bomb is a simple as staying in a 10m radius around the Warpcore for 10 seconds.

Basically, this would amount to Counter-strike. The map would have to be designed with multiple access points to the warp core to prevent turtling by the defenders. there are other considerations i'm missing i'm sure so feel free to voice your opinions!

Epilogue: Properly implemented, Ker'rat would quickly become a ghost town, and imo pvpers would have something other than Cracked planet and Capture and Hold to do. Ground pvp, which is all but dead, would be more popularized simply because of the type of gameplay. The map for Capture and Hold could be used, with some major modifications made to it, of course!

PS: I made a suggestion to Zero on TTS concerning this, so in essence this is the more detailed version of what i suggested! Hope it helps!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-21-2010, 12:07 PM
-reserved for additional ideas and or comments-
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
There should be a maxiumum of 20 players in each instance,
To little with 70-80 enemys. Minimum of 40 players vs 60 nps ships i think.
Other then that is a good idee, the teamwork thing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
To little with 70-80 enemys. Minimum of 40 players vs 60 nps ships i think.
Other then that is a good idee, the teamwork thing.
Really? I find myself fighting 5-6 ships at a time with only a little difficulty in Starbase 24, i would think that 20 players could do fine against 70, thats not even 4 ships to each player.

Also that is only the last wave, it should be designed to be as tough as possible to provide the challenge to fun ratio many of us have been looking for.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Fleet action that rewards team play, not dps is just what this game needs! I fully agree and endorse this. Some successful team play mechanics in the past have been:

-Capture/Defend the flag type actions (both stationary nodes like a base or an item that has to be moved from point A to pont B).

-Kill the man (or woman) with the ball type actions.

-Resource point type gameplay, first to acheive X points wins.