Lt. Commander
# 31
01-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
indeed your ship model is in fact about 15 foot long compared to your ground character...had the chance to see myself spawn as my ship inside ESD
I'd love to have that happen to me. It seems it's been done to quite a few people.

Tell me, do you have full space flight control, or is it like ground movement?
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-04-2011, 10:43 AM
I can't wait to see what Cryptic does with ship interiors. They are in my view merely a placeholder for what can be done with them.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
I'd love to have that happen to me. It seems it's been done to quite a few people.

Tell me, do you have full space flight control, or is it like ground movement?
You don't have full space control in space anyways. :p Oh yeah, I ripped that right back open.

It didn't last long the one time it happened to me. Did anybody else ever beam into space as your character instead of a ship?
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
This one should be relatively easy:
  • Create a Holodeck room for the current interiors and move Mission Replay there.
  • Holodeck Mission Reply sends you straight into the starting mission map.
  • You ship's Holodeck could also be used to play Foundry missions.

A huge improvement over the current method of having to travel to the regular mission start location for what's supposed to be a "simulation".
I too like this idea. To expand on it, how about this:
1. Injury heals in sick bay
2. Ship heals / repair in engineering.
3. Allow R&D of minor items such as batteries, hypos, etc in the science lab.
3. 3d chess and/or other games in the lounge.
4. Also, how about when you invite another player to your ship, they come in at the transporter pad and not the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
You don't have full space control in space anyways. :p Oh yeah, I ripped that right back open.

It didn't last long the one time it happened to me. Did anybody else ever beam into space as your character instead of a ship?
I was using the turbolift to go from the crew level to the engineer level on a friends ship and ended up in space.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We'll definitely be making more improvements to your starship's interiors over time. There's a lot of possibility there, and we want to tap into as much of it as possible.
Any chance we can get crafting stations in our Engineering Sections?
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiFan_78 View Post
I was using the turbolift to go from the crew level to the engineer level on a friends ship and ended up in space.
Happened to me as well. Federation turbo lifts have a nasty habit of doing that.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Happened to me as well. Federation turbo lifts have a nasty habit of doing that.
If that is still happening, it needs to be fixed. I hope when they drastically improve ship interiors, they make it as perfect as they can. I will play this game for years if I can enjoy really good ship interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-04-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
If that is still happening, it needs to be fixed. I hope when they drastically improve ship interiors, they make it as perfect as they can. I will play this game for years if I can enjoy really good ship interiors.
It happened to me right after the release of Season 2 and not since.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We'll definitely be making more improvements to your starship's interiors over time. There's a lot of possibility there, and we want to tap into as much of it as possible.

Thanks,

Stormshade
This, combined with the recent dev statement that they found a way to make bridges and ship interiors smaller, makes me excited to see what the future is for ship interiors.