Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Heres the deal, I'm actually trying to recover an account...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
No no, the OP has been having trouble getting his account recovered, so this is more than likely a legit response from the support staff. This step is to verify that he's the actual customer who registered the retail code.

Try to send the 1st code you entered, and be sure to mention that there is more than one on the account.
I have 3 keys, Steam pre-order, Steam DDE, and a CE, but I dont have the CE key atm. I can get it later. Just send em the two I have now, and if they ask for the third one later, provide it?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
No no, the OP has been having trouble getting his account recovered, so this is more than likely a legit response from the support staff. This step is to verify that he's the actual customer who registered the retail code.

Try to send the 1st code you entered, and be sure to mention that there is more than one on the account.

Edit: Um, did you copy and paste that or type it yourself? There are some suspect typos and formatting issues in there.
Copy and paste, yeah, I noticed there were a few typos myself.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneasybbj View Post
I have 3 keys, Steam pre-order, Steam DDE, and a CE, but I dont have the CE key atm. I can get it later. Just send em the two I have now, and if they ask for the third one later, provide it?
Yeah, that should work.

As long as your are sending mail directly to that Crypticstudios.com email account (type it in, double check it, dont click reply) you'll be safe, since that is definitely their actual email domain name.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Yeah, that should work.

As long as your are sending mail directly to that Crypticstudios.com email account (type it in, double check it, dont click reply) you'll be safe, since that is definitely their actual email domain name.
so type in billing@crypticsutdios.com manually? gotcha, can never be to safe btw, I like your enterprise design. Send what I got now, and if they need the rest later, ill get it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Ok so you cleared it up that you are recovering your account. I have to wonder, how can you post here if you don't have access to your account, unless it's a different account altogether that you are having the problem with? Not busting your chops, just curious now lol. Good luck getting it all straightened out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
Ok so you cleared it up that you are recovering your account. I have to wonder, how can you post here if you don't have access to your account, unless it's a different account altogether that you are having the problem with? Not busting your chops, just curious now lol. Good luck getting it all straightened out.
Yeah I made 3 accounts (all of which I bought a lifetime for, I actually had money back then...) so me and my best friends could play. It was a early birthday/Christmas present for em
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2011, 03:31 PM
The OP has contacted Cryptic before about this issue.

The process was initiated by him/her - not by an unsolicited email or phishing scheme.

That said, contact Cryptic/Atari through the official channels using the key you first activated.