Lt. Commander
With the revamped space dock and the ever so cool opening doors and the "docking" procedure I had a cool idea.

Everyone I have talked to would love to see their ship actually entering spacedock and while this might be hard to accomplish on an everyday basis... I thought what about when you get promoted. You are leaving your ship so it stands to reason that you might actually dock inside so the ship can get overhauled for the next captain. A short cut scene that shows your ship pulling into space dock would be awesome. Even better if we could get the cool view through the windows of the ship req room like one of the movies.

And if you really wanted to be nice a nice cut scene of us pulling out of spacedock in our new ship would just be icing on the cake.

Just something I thought that would make the promotion ceremony better.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2011, 03:25 PM
I like this idea. It could be for promotions only, because if it did it every time it could get annoying cause people don't want to wait that long to beam down to ESD or back up to their ship.

So, just have it for promotions, and have your old ship enter ESD and dock, a cutscene of YOUR ship. Then, have your brand new ship leave ESD when you beam up for the first time, some kind of fanfare. That would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
What I'd like to see is when you get promoted, you get shuttled to your new ship inside ESD just like in ST: IV The Voyage Home.