Lt. Commander
# 31
02-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
I've seen this exact same event unfold on many other popular MMO forums time and time again.

I really didn't care about the outcome. What did bother me, however, was the fact that people kept using the original poster's avatar (an image of Data) as a "pot calling the kettle black" retort. I thought that was ridiculous. I would hope there would be a pretty obvious difference between someone using a forum avatar while making no claims to be that person (especially a Star Trek character on a Star Trek game forum), and someone using a forum avatar while repeatedly going through the efforts of pointing out the image is them in real life. You would think the difference would be obvious, but apparently not judging by the number of people who used the OP's avatar as ammunition in their retorts.

Take sides however you wish, but at least be reasonable with your responses.
It was the only thing that could in theory have any merit. No one here is expected to tell the truth about himself. And he did bring up copyright as if it was relevant for the forum rules. If it was, tons of us would have to get infractions.
Unless she/he/it cheated the OP out of money (in-game or out-of-game) by claiming to be someone he/she/it was not, I don't see how it was relevant, and his demands had nothing to stand on.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Idunno. I thought that was just two people (me among them). And I acknowledged the scale of the matter was different, but it still struck me as humorous and incongruous when put alongside the copyright part of the OP's rant.
Yeah I wander about copyright sometimes...

I mean, I am clearly not my avatar, and even if I was the actor, I think I still do not own the "right" to the character or its image.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
on a related note, fry a salmon steak in olive oil. It is pretty good.
No thanks x2.
I dislike fish and could never learn to like olive oil. (that I like to giggle at people that use virgin olive oil for cooking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
Brtish cuisine is awesome... it will never offend anyone's palette because that requires it to have flavor!
I just might use this against British friends. Because most of them agree with me when I mock their food.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Sadly the thread had so many violations in it that it needed to be removed. We usually try not to remove postings and prefer to lock if at all possible.

This actually allows me to point something out:
Darren? That email no longer works, has not for some time now. If anyone has the need to contact the community team, the proper channels are via the ticketing system. Check the links in my signature. It leads to the ticketing system on the Atari support pages. There is a section for Community Tickets there.

But, honestly you guys? You should know better than to re-open a closed or removed topic. No hot chocolate for you.
Closed Thread