Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegeek View Post
I certainly hope Jupiter Station is present at some point. The thing is massive and is the central R&D and construction centers of the Federation.

In my opinion, THIS needs to be expanded and made the Federation crafting hub. Memory Alpha makes no sense as its a library. It would be odd to walk into a library and see research scientists and engineers tinkering with experimental cars or aircraft (as awesome as it would be).

But seriously - Jupiter station is the perfect canon location for crafting and shipyards, so why not use this? I sure hope Cryptic havent overlooked it. I would love to go into orbit and approach such a sprawling monster. The size of 8 ESD's!!!

Linkage for win.
Yeah, hopefully both Jupiter Station and Utopia Planitia will be added when they open up the rest of Sol, which should be sometime this year.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
I think it's about half of the diameter of the old space station, actually.
Definintely not, the Mushroom of the new one is probably 40% bigger.

The old station had a lot of beams and glowy things and pods and such, but the core of the station itself was much smaller
You can see the old station on the map/radar still (they probably want to fix that). The new station is about half the diameter of the old station. Yes, I'm including the "glowy things and pods" (why wouldn't you, they made up a significant portion of the station).

The only reason the new one seems larger is because our speed is slowed down whenever we get anywhere near it.

It's ok, it's not like it was a contest between the stations or something.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Yeah, hopefully both Jupiter Station and Utopia Planitia will be added when they open up the rest of Sol, which should be sometime this year.
I seriously can't wait for that.

I think it would be really neat if the devs decoupled crafting from memory alpha and instead had a different SOL station handle a different aspect of crafting. It could be a good incentive for people to visit the different stations to so they don't become dead zones like most of the social hubs.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2011, 03:27 AM
I hadn't went out to look but someone I heard it mentioned that some of the drydocks are out near the other station floating around?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2011, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy2k View Post
I hadn't went out to look but someone I heard it mentioned that some of the drydocks are out near the other station floating around?
I said it in the 2nd post....
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2011, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Would love this. Utopia Plantia is actually in a Klingon mission I seem to recall?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzaal
Would love this. Utopia Plantia is actually in a Klingon mission I seem to recall?
correct, it is.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetzaal
I haven't had a chance to do the Klingon missions since coming back. I can't wait to do them if Utopia Planitia is in one.

Wish we could get a dev responce on rather Utopia Planitia and Jupiter Station will be in the game when they open up all of Sol.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Quote:
You can see the old station on the map/radar still (they probably want to fix that). The new station is about half the diameter of the old station. Yes, I'm including the "glowy things and pods" (why wouldn't you, they made up a significant portion of the station).

The only reason the new one seems larger is because our speed is slowed down whenever we get anywhere near it.
Updating this with an image to make it more clear:

Image link: Old Station and New Station Scale Comparison

Image link: Reference image of old station

The old station was simply massive compared to the new one.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Updating this with an image to make it more clear:

Image link: Old Station and New Station Scale Comparison

Image link: Reference image of old station

The old station was simply massive compared to the new one.
Then I posit that the old station was too massive.