Lt. Commander
# 1 My thoughts on STO
06-09-2010, 10:50 AM
First and foremost this is my frist MMO. i have played eve online 14 day trial. well i played as much as i could before i lost my mind and got bored with it. here are some of my thoughts.

#1 where to start... The sol system needs to be updated into a entire sector map with all the planets in the solar system with each given it's proper respect. Like earth space dock, needs to be more star trek style. and loose the space junk space docks that cloud up the space around earth.

#2 Mars... Where is The Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, The many Orbital ship construction facilities in orbit above Mars ???

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...FleetYards.jpg

And what about Jupiter station ?? Did we forget about it too ?

http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...ife-line-6.jpg

Why can't i beam down to earth San Francisco ?

Where is Starfleet Academy, Where is Starfleet Medical Academy ? ( responsible for training all Starfleet Medical personnel Star ) And lets make a Starfleet Tatical Academy !

Remember this awesome consept artwork ? http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6783/stoad407aat0.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What happend to that ?

What's up with the bridge ? Whats the point of it ? You can't do anything there, just walk around and be bored. Have something to do there, like have you tac officer be able to test out new weapons or your science officer run sensor scans and upgrade the ships deflectors & shileds, and your engineering officer be able to upgrade the enginges, and warp core and do mods to your ships instead of having to buy new stuff to update.

OMG the injury system ! i started out playin STO on elite and i had so many major things wrong with my guy. it cost about 250,000 energy credits for me and my crew to get fixed. and that was all " money " that was donated to me ( thx for all of you ). SO my question is, WHERE is my ship's EMH doctor ? maybe he should be on the bridge or in sickbay if you can't figure out how to put the EMH on an empy nothing to do bridge.

The Starships in each rank. are really few and far between. There needs to be ALOT more ships and parts so you can make it custom and still star trek style.

LCARS & panel interfaces & U.I. need to be unified with all the same look. I was on a mission the other day and see federation consoles on a old klingon station. i was liek WTF ?

Weapon & shields inpact effects on shileds looks wierd, it's the blue circle wave effect and it looks odd. i'd like to see that changed.

I'm sure i'll have more to rant about later.
- OOP
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOP View Post
First and foremost this is my frist MMO. i have played eve online 14 day trial. well i played as much as i could before i lost my mind and got bored with it. here are some of my thoughts.

#1 where to start... The sol system needs to be updated into a entire sector map with all the planets in the solar system with each given it's proper respect. Like earth space dock, needs to be more star trek style. and loose the space junk space docks that cloud up the space around earth.

#2 Mars... Where is The Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards, The many Orbital ship construction facilities in orbit above Mars ???

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...FleetYards.jpg

And what about Jupiter station ?? Did we forget about it too ?

http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...ife-line-6.jpg

Why can't i beam down to earth San Francisco ?

Where is Starfleet Academy, Where is Starfleet Medical Academy ? ( responsible for training all Starfleet Medical personnel Star ) And lets make a Starfleet Tatical Academy !

Remember this awesome consept artwork ? http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6783/stoad407aat0.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What happend to that?
Welcome to STO! Let's get on with the varied topics, shall we?

I agree on this point. I would like to see more of the stations from the screenshots here.

As far as your idea on having the solar system as a full sector in itself... they're actually already done with it!

Sorta'. They want to add missions and other things to do in the sector so that it has some substance to it.

Quote:
What's up with the bridge ? Whats the point of it ? You can't do anything there, just walk around and be bored. Have something to do there, like have you tac officer be able to test out new weapons or your science officer run sensor scans and upgrade the ships deflectors & shileds, and your engineering officer be able to upgrade the enginges, and warp core and do mods to your ships instead of having to buy new stuff to update.
Next big content patch will have the ship interior stuff! Keep an eye out.

Quote:
OMG the injury system ! i started out playin STO on elite and i had so many major things wrong with my guy. it cost about 250,000 energy credits for me and my crew to get fixed. and that was all " money " that was donated to me ( thx for all of you ). SO my question is, WHERE is my ship's EMH doctor ? maybe he should be on the bridge or in sickbay if you can't figure out how to put the EMH on an empy nothing to do bridge.
Sounds like you should play on an easier setting until you get more used to the game

Quote:
The Starships in each rank. are really few and far between. There needs to be ALOT more ships and parts so you can make it custom and still star trek style.
Ship design isn't up to Cryptic. It's up to CBS. I think the ship system is fine, and I think CBS thinks it is fine as well. Don't expect many quick changes here.

Quote:
LCARS & panel interfaces & U.I. need to be unified with all the same look. I was on a mission the other day and see federation consoles on a old klingon station. i was liek WTF ?
The LCARS textures could use some tweaking, but I've never seen them on a Klingon ship (???).

Quote:
Weapon & shields inpact effects on shileds looks wierd, it's the blue circle wave effect and it looks odd. i'd like to see that changed.
I think they look fine. And the blue circle wave is how it looks on the shows and in the films. So yeah, dont' expect any changes here! Or anyone to agree with you on it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah, I guess out of that list the one thing I think I really missed as soon as I started up the game was Starfleet Acadamy.

For some reason I had assumed that one of the most prominently featured locations EVER in Star Trek would be in there.

But I guess this goes back to the fact that all the actual maps of anything ground related are tiny, and there is no such thing as a big city.

But if EVE can add planetary content when that never even existed then I suppose we can expect something from STO at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2011, 09:03 AM
I agree with a lot of your points OOP. There should be Starfleet Acadamy, Utopia Planitia Yards and Jupiter Station. The UPY should be where you customize your ships and purchase them. Jupiter station should be like Memory Alpha, where you get to do Research with your Data samples. Sarfleet Acadamy should be where CLub 47 and ESD should be where you access the exchange. I was really disappointed that you could not beam down to earth like you could on Vulcan and Risa. Also, when you ship is hit with a torpedo, your ship should shake and be thrown off. As for the ships, they are coming out with a lot of other classes like Oberth, and the Vulcan Science vessel. Personally, we need to be able to visit the shuttlebay on our ships and look and the different shuttles.