Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I have to say I am so glad that we have such good communication with the guys at Cryptic. A post form Dan saying they are working on the issue is so cool.

I have been playing DC Universe and the lack of communication is annoying. Also my girlfriend complains a lot about the people who work on Sims 3. They don't talk or fix bugs.

Makes me glad I bought the lifetime membership.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
correct - there is a very large (much larger than normal) number of players attempting to run the same mission at the moment and the network engineerings are investigating a possible machine issue at our datacenter.

They are on the issue and hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Can't be all those people who quit/will never play again/this s***s/...
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric71 View Post
Did it occur to you that the reason you are experiencing these issues is because everyone is trying to do the Featured Episode right now, even if you are not. The episode just went live less than 2 hours ago...The servers are getting bombarded right now, everyone and their brother is trying to do the episode right now.

I take it you don't play very often Jeronas, because up to about 2 hours ago, the servers were working pretty good, even with the extra people on "fishing" the fountian/tribble pile because of the 1 year anniversary. Wait an hour or two, the servers will probably be just fine as most people will have completed the 1st episode.
I do not care. That's why I stay away from that zone / sector!

It's a total fail... more better... a total joke that a little overpopulation in one single sector brings the entire server cluster to it's knees.

EVE Online would have died long ago and no longer be around if JITA or a Alliance war zone would bring down the entire Tranquality cluster time and again.

Like others have already said. This is an issue that goes back all the way to Beta!

Good to know they never bothered to address it.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Ditto
02-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
Was working perfect then I got server disconnect but it didnt put me back at login as usual instead the counter just kept going up.

I closed the game down and restarted, smooth to charcter selection but then when it comes to loading in game...well ive been at the load screen for 10 mins and probably only have 5% of a load bar filled..

performance is DEFINITELY off.

Me Too, been looking forward to playig all week adn can't even get from one instance to another.....
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
correct - there is a very large (much larger than normal) number of players attempting to run the same mission at the moment and the network engineerings are investigating a possible machine issue at our datacenter.

They are on the issue and hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Hopefully you guys figure out the problem soon, because the game is virtually useless right now.

And for some constructive crit. : Crptic should have learned to continue to upgrade the server to handle more and more people....sinse headstart we've always had a problem with population...
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-05-2011, 01:02 PM
closing duplicate thread - we've stickied the thread we are monitoring the situation in at the top of general discussion.

I'll be updating that thread as soon as we get word back from our network engineers.

For now hang on - they are trying to resolve the server issue.
Closed Thread