Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Biggest problem with PvP is that it needs A LOT more maps.
Seriously, does Cryptic know how BORING it gets PvP'ing on the same old maps day in and day out for a year?

At the very least there should be one or two "unique" maps for each location in the neutral zone that is a PvP arena that actually fit the location.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Biggest problem with PvP is that it needs A LOT more maps.
Seriously, does Cryptic know how BORING it gets PvP'ing on the same old maps day in and day out for a year?

At the very least there should be one or two "unique" maps for each location in the neutral zone that is a PvP arena that actually fit the location.
I think an easier fix would be to allow Foundry authers the chance to create PvP maps. If they are voted high enough then they get put into the map rotation.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2011, 10:15 AM
I totally agree with the OP. The Majority of the team is working on the episodes that are all the same stuff except fo some new ship textures instead of fixing problems that have been breaking the game since launch. I am sure that there would be no 1 year anniversary if there weren't so many ******* buying tokens at the c-store. Get your work done or make STO F2P, you will anyway be forced to do so. Champions online isn't F2P because of the Devs good mood.

see ya with season 6

HaveANiceDay,
Captain of the U.S.S. STO_bridge_plaque_blank/01
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
danial stahl wrote that in a recent thread.

Are you kidding me? Majority of the team working on feature episodes? So the entire team for 3 months working on 5 "1 hour" pieces of content....I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am.

You should have the majority of the team working on features which will give the player base what they want and endless replayability. PVP end game(territory war) . Fleet starbases. Exploration. Removing sector "doors"
Interior functionality, you know? "Go down to your shuttle bay and get in your shuttle and launch from your ship?"

But instead you have nearly all of your team working on "episodes" where in the end, the only good thing about that is how many people will go WOW oh that was awesome yeah great!

You should have a couple working on episodes and the rest developing the content that will secure this game for the future. Unless you think its going to survive on 5 episodes every 3 months.
How much of that work do you think is going to be useful in future content. The systems and tech being developed for Weekly Episodes opens up a lot more possibilities for the future.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:

Are you kidding me? Majority of the team working on feature episodes? So the entire team for 3 months working on 5 "1 hour" pieces of content....I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am.

You should have the majority of the team working on features which will give the player base what they want and endless replayability. PVP end game(territory war) . Fleet starbases. Exploration. Removing sector "doors"
Interior functionality, you know? "Go down to your shuttle bay and get in your shuttle and launch from your ship?"

But instead you have nearly all of your team working on "episodes" where in the end, the only good thing about that is how many people will go WOW oh that was awesome yeah great!

You should have a couple working on episodes and the rest developing the content that will secure this game for the future. Unless you think its going to survive on 5 episodes every 3 months.
"Majority" does not equal "nearly all".

"Are working" does not equal "entire team for 3 months".

Please read the engineering reports for a better idea of what is being worked on, and the progression. Try not to take things out of context, or read more into what is written. It will do your blood pressure good.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:

I said majority of our "budget". And thanks for the unending sarcasm. We have an extremely small team and we do have people working on many different things - but the majority of SFX, Audio, Art, Concept, Icons ets is spent on feature episodes. not everyone is working on the feature episodes.

Check the engineering report next time and see everything that is in the works before casting your anger around.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post

All i can say is , dont do drugs and alcohol when posting on forums.
What do you mean? I'm simply pointing out the facts for everyone who is like-minded of the OP. We have territory wars, and ship functionality, and the idea of parts of Starfleet or the KDF owning privated Starbases is preposterous! You can't seperate a navy like that! Also, it is the exact same thing they do in EVE with Player Operated Stations, and Player Owned Corportations, except the POCs and POSs there actually make sense with the role the player is given.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I said majority of our "budget". And thanks for the unending sarcasm. We have an extremely small team and we do have people working on many different things - but the majority of SFX, Audio, Art, Concept, Icons ets is spent on feature episodes. not everyone is working on the feature episodes.

Check the engineering report next time and see everything that is in the works before casting your anger around.
<Tossess a WHOLE BOTTLE of TYNOL in yer general direction>

I got ADVIL too if ya prefer....
Lt. Commander
# 19 Woof
02-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Stahl Baby,

Some days yer the bug, and somedays yer the windshield.

Certain individuals are just upset cause someone dropped a house on their sister.

Its ok my friend.....just say the word and I'll hit em with my vibrating joy toy of death......
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We have an extremely small team
Really?
Huh...
How come?