Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
We already have PvP Territory Wars (Capture and Hold PvP matches), exploration, (I.E.: Delta Volanis Cluster, Arucanis Arm sector, ect.), and interior functionality (trophies), though not in the level you're describing. Also, Fleet Starbases would seem a little strange, if you all technically belong to the same fleet. I think what you mean is MORE starbases, but the ability for fleets to anchor smaller bases like the ones orbiting ESD to act as fleet co-ordination hubs. Also, your idea for Fleet Starbases is sounding a LOT like EVE Online's Player Operated Stations.
Sorry but you can not call 1 Capture and Hold map PVP Territory Wars. They are crap. Yes we do have interiors, If yo ucan call them that. 3 for everyone that are the same and serve no purpose. What he is getting at is STO has a long way to go and if this is now the Dev's focus for the future then it is poor. I for one can justify STO by logging in for an hour once a week for a mission with nothing else to do.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
So the entire team for 3 months working on 5 "1 hour" pieces of content....I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am.
...with at least three times the overall quality of literally anything that came before them, yeah. And that's just from watching the trailer.

Quote:
But instead you have nearly all of your team working on "episodes" where in the end, the only good thing about that is how many people will go WOW oh that was awesome yeah great!
How is this a bad thing?

Quote:
You should have a couple working on episodes and the rest developing the content that will secure this game for the future. Unless you think its going to survive on 5 episodes every 3 months.
You really didn't have to rant, you have a good point right here. But your attitude killed any sense of reasonableness you would have had with that point there.

Take a chill pill and enjoy the episodes, sheesh.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
Really?
Huh...
How come?
Think small independent film company vs. huge major motion picture conglomerate.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
You should have a couple working on episodes and the rest developing the content that will secure this game for the future. Unless you think its going to survive on 5 episodes every 3 months.
Personally i would only refer to about half of your examples as "content." The rest are just eye candy and mechanic additions/changes, while the feature episodes ARE CONTENT.

Eye candy and mechanic additions/changes are not going to keep people playing this game. Content (missions, stuff to actually DO!) will keep people playing.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Think small independent film company vs. huge major motion picture conglomerate.
Ah.
So how can I help you get enough funding to expand hard and get more people?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by openair View Post
Personally i would only refer to about half of your examples as "content." The rest are just eye candy and mechanic additions/changes, while the feature episodes ARE CONTENT.
I can't really fault him for that, though. Fluff is important. Without it a game world is just a series of objectives wrapped in pretty graphics. Fluff can bring a world to life.

STO needs more fluff. It just also needs more content. If they can do both at once, I'm all for it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
The huge major motion picture conglomerate started as a small independent film company....

what people want is for Cryptic to grow with our growing demands......you need more devs,period.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
I think it brilliant that a small company like Cryptic can produce a game this good in such a small amount of time.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Ah.
Purchase everything you can from the C-Store, always. Get your friends and fleet mates to do the same... Start a second or third account and do the same... Start a successful venture capital company and invest multiple millions/billions in Cryptic... Etc...

Lt. Commander
# 30
02-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Ah.
C-store, sub recruiting/referrals, etc..

I'm doing my part!