Lt. Commander
# 191
02-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
Some people need to take a chill pill, this happends to all MMO's .
+1 on that
Lt. Commander
# 192
02-05-2011, 12:56 PM
To the angry ones:

"There is no emotion, there is peace"
Lt. Commander
# 193
02-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronas
You Lifers can laugh all you want.

Simple fact is that Cryptic doesn't give a **** about you guys anymore, as they got your money already a year ago.

You do not help keep this game running anymore.

For this game to survive they need "regular" monthly subsribers to generate monthly income for Cryptic to pay the upkeep and their employees.

We "regular" subscribers can still vote with your wallet and /quit again if Cryptic can't get their server cluster issues sorted every time there is a little population spike.

You can't. Simple as that. Sure you can /quit too.... but won't matter to Cryptic, as you already paid everything up front.

So who is laughing again?
And now laughing even harder!

I continue to support this game by my purchases from the C-Store, by getting my friends to but the game and subscribe, and by giving constructive feedback to the developers.

I am laughing because I enjoy this game...and all the nerd-rage and seething hate you spew is only going to give you an aneurysm....which will lighten the server load by that much more.

"I hate you Cryptic! I hope you all burn! BURN I SAY! I......I....ack...cough....." (grabs random vital organ, then collapses).

Server Load Monitor
Userbase Hourly Tally: -1
Available Bandwidth Change: +.04%
Score: Cryptic: 1 Seething Haters: 0

LOL!
Lt. Commander
# 194
02-05-2011, 12:57 PM
rollback the server to yesterday and see whats up with the featured episode on the test server.
Lt. Commander
# 195
02-05-2011, 12:58 PM
well at least ive taken this opportunity to let my ignore list grow a bit bigger.
Lt. Commander
# 196
Is there anybody else here right now who was around on WoW back in the day, in their first year, when they released that patch that brought down servers for an entire week, so they gave us all a bunch of free play time?

An entire week. No servers. No game. No nothing. And there were crashes fairly regularly before and after that that would last up to a day at a time.

This outage on STO has lasted slightly over an hour...and I don't even remember when the last one was. So I'd say they have a pretty good track record.
Lt. Commander
# 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
Wrong, on two counts. Firstly, us "lifers" still spend money in the C-Store. And secondly, as a lifer, we have a vested interest in the game, and are more likely to submit ideas and feedback to the devs via the forums, to help keep the game alive and innovative.

Subbers, on the other hand, can cancel their subscription at the drop of a hat, and Cryptic won't see your arse for dust. So you tell me who's more important.
Why do you think LOTRO went free 2 play ? It had plenty of Lifers too.

They went free 2 play, because regular monthly subcriptions had gone down too much.

Lifetime subscription only give a short cash injection for them, it won't keep the game running on the longterm.
They are still highly dependent on regular monthly subscribers to cover the monthly upkeep costs for the game.

The C-store doesn't offer enough to give them full monthly income each and every month.

They will have to turn this game into F2P with a greatly expanded C-store and try force people to buy stuff from it.

If every regular monthly subscriber now instantly quits STO... lets see how long this game will be around after that shall we.
Lt. Commander
# 198
02-05-2011, 12:59 PM
On a side note: I'm taking bets on how long the server will be down.
Lt. Commander
# 199
02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronas
Why do you think LOTRO went free 2 play ? It had plenty of Lifers too.

They went free 2 play, because regular monthly subcriptions had gone down too much.

Lifetime subscription only give a short cash injection for them, it won't keep the game running on the longterm.
They are sitll highly dependent on regular monthly subscribers to cover the monthly upkeep costs for the game.
That is beside the point. You certainly dont speak for subbers either. At least not me and alot of other non-blue titles in this forum.
Lt. Commander
# 200
02-05-2011, 01:00 PM
just to add some statistics - we had more players on Holodeck this a.m. for the new Feature Episode than we've had in game since the launch of Season 2 back in June. A huge number and it definitely triggered an issue we haven't seen in months.

The network team is look at the server monitors and network data to see what we can do. First of all they are resetting the shard to clear memory, and then we'll keep a close eye on things to see if we can get it ironed out and get the load balancing to smooth the ride.

And as far as revenue goes - we've had a HUGE number of players sign up for Lifetimes since the sale started last week - so thank you to those signing up for that with your vote of confidence. We are definitely planning out our updates and how to keep delivering content for months to come.