Lt. Commander
# 31
02-05-2011, 05:18 PM
You know what would have been clever? Instead of making it so that a shuttle was weakest, a runabout weak, and the delta flyer least weak...which creates an environment where nearly everyone will use the delta flyer and almost no one will use a standard shuttle...instead make it so each of the three ships has different advantages and disadvantages and thus it is up to each player to decide which is the right fit for them.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-05-2011, 05:18 PM
I actually ran through the mission twice with a shuttle using the aeigs set and it wasn't too bad. It was definitely easier with my runabout but I didn't have much trouble with the shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-05-2011, 05:32 PM
I just want to be clear that it is doable with a shuttle. I'm just saying the other options would make it easier.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I did it in a default Klingon shuttle 2x w/default gear + borg console (makes shuttle look ugly as hell), TAC and Eng Consoles, and Devidian device. FaW 1 was my BO skill. I had assumed we couldn't swap out weapons nor ship equipment b/c of "S" item class qualifier, I was mistaken on that?

With above setup I was able to run through the vault interior and kill the BoP at the end the 2nd time I ran through. (The 1st time had bugs which I posted about in a bug forum thread).
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Ive just been replaing the mission and banging my head against a wall trying to kill the mogai. At best, 60% hull damage.

Sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-05-2011, 05:54 PM
There is no reason to fight ANY ships on the escape except the final warbird. Just take the Dueterium surplus cans as a device, and run like hell. Save your shooting for the door locks.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
I did it in a default Klingon shuttle 2x w/default gear + borg console (makes shuttle look ugly as hell), TAC and Eng Consoles, and Devidian device. FaW 1 was my BO skill. I had assumed we couldn't swap out weapons nor ship equipment b/c of "S" item class qualifier, I was mistaken on that?

With above setup I was able to run through the vault interior and kill the BoP at the end the 2nd time I ran through. (The 1st time had bugs which I posted about in a bug forum thread).
Yes, mistaken.. You CAN swap out the Weapons...

I did it with the Type-8 Shuttle.... on Advanced... Captain 2... Purple Phaser Array... Blue Quantums... Blue Resiliant Shields and the Devidian Sub-Thingy ( why do I always forget the name of the thing???)

Everything was great till I hit that dang Mogai...

Respawned Once...

Then avoided it like the plague...

Really fun mission though...

ABSOLUTELY LOVED the Interiors of the Vault... so very V'Ger-like and many shades of Awsome!!!

(Next time I"m gonna play TMP V'Ger music in the background)
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-05-2011, 06:00 PM
But you are missing the point. I WANT to be able to destroy that ship.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-05-2011, 06:03 PM
And there is absolutely zero point in replaying this mission. All you get is skill points and merits. Pfft.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-05-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseno4 View Post
But you are missing the point. I WANT to be able to destroy that ship.
Heh... Practice Makes Perfect....