Lt. Commander
# 1 The Vault: A Job Well Done
02-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Well done on this mission Cryptic. I was really looking for a change of pace and I'm glad you did this so well. The art, the story, the voiceovers, all were impressive. I died a few times but no biggie. I really need you to get some more resources to both keep cranking on these and deal with the outstanding gameplay/bug issues!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2011, 05:58 PM
0/10.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2011, 06:02 PM
I liked all the new mechanisms being introduced...shuttles, interactive dialog, voiceovers. Pretty cool.

And the mission itself was fun.

My only quibble is the dialog with the Reman commander, which seemed illogical to me...and on the Fed side it kicks off twice. Still not sure what the [Diplomacy] options did.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2011, 06:04 PM
-11/+10
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah, this one wa a winner!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2011, 06:31 PM
The care and attention to detail to Episodes like this are why I've kept my subscription. Shades of V'Ger while flying my Delta around inside of this massive station. The voice acting was pretty good, though Admiral T'nae could have been better, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I liked all the new mechanisms being introduced...shuttles, interactive dialog, voiceovers. Pretty cool.

And the mission itself was fun.

My only quibble is the dialog with the Reman commander, which seemed illogical to me...and on the Fed side it kicks off twice. Still not sure what the [Diplomacy] options did.
The [Diplomacy] was a different option based on if you had a high enough Diplomacy score. If you didn't, you only had one dialog choice.

As for dialog choice..
Why is it illogical?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2011, 10:35 PM
I thought it sucked myself.

Again with they put in game stopping clicky puzzles.

It's worse than the Defari hell.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBuck
The voice acting was pretty good, though Admiral T'nae could have been better, IMO.
Heh, she's a vulcan, I thought it was pretty good. She sounded pretty emotionless to me.

Though I'm not sure how I like adding voices to missions. On one hand its awesome, I was like OMG COOL!!! when she started talking. But on the other hand playing missions that don't have voice overs is kind of bland and feel incomplete lol.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2011, 11:36 PM
The mission was... wow... just...wow. The story, the map (I felt tiny with my little shutlecraft in the inmesity of the vault), the vo.. the fx on the screen for the interference of the nebula. The details like the romulan scavengers asking for supplies. Really great jobs, devs!

The only error I found was that these Scorpion fighter punch too much. I manage to handle the Bird of Prey without problem (I run like hell when saw the mogai), but these tiny ships make a lot of damage.... I know is my fault to try to run the mission with a shuttle in advance difficulty... : )