Lt. Commander
# 11 How Do I Get Out of Here?!?
02-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I've entered the Vault, did all the rooms, met with the guy, and headed back to the first room in order to "Escape".. Where's the door to get out!?!? I can't find it anywhere. I'm flying around and around near where I entered but I can't find a door anywhere. What do I do now?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2011, 01:30 AM
some feedback on the mission: i loved the focefields and obstacles along, with the environmental hazards, classic trek mechenics. i think it could have gone further. let me explain. when i came across the plasma conduits i evaded them. then i came across the forcefields, i evaded them. i had a sense that if i encountered them, i would receive major damage or be destroyed. when i accidentally hit full impulse, my ship buzzed right through without a scratch. at that point, i just did that the whole way through. there was no sense of danger or "be careful." i think the destroyable locking mechanism and other mechanics were excellent, and could have been realized in this area more.

example: for the forcefields. if you hit them, you lose half your health in the first. the second encounter is a destroy shot. SO... options;
tactical: beam to the shuttlebay with a tactical team and set a spatial charge on the wall containing the plasma conduits that power the field. beam out. when the charge is detonated, it shuts down the forcefield. (this is I.E. a 2 minute ground mission)

science: scan the forcefield, allowing a green highlight to isolate and follow an energy gap where you can pass through.

engineering: when within 10 km, remotely reprogram the turrets to fire on the field generator behind the forcefield, shutting it down.

that would add to the tactical elements, AND allow for the sense of danger to those types of items along with ways to get around them. there is no point in being careful around items like that if they are mostly harmless
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg247 View Post
I've entered the Vault, did all the rooms, met with the guy, and headed back to the first room in order to "Escape".. Where's the door to get out!?!? I can't find it anywhere. I'm flying around and around near where I entered but I can't find a door anywhere. What do I do now?
its the same way you went in just follow the path on the minimap. aim for the big doors (they are closed again and will either open as you get near or you need to shot the lock)
Lt. Commander
# 14 Spoilers!!!!!!!11111!!!!!
02-06-2011, 02:20 AM
You know. I logged last night, my fleet and even the good people of tenforward told me that the mission was boring and tedious

I thought it was just like a really good episode of Next Generation. I love the actress you got to voice T'nae. It was a shame no one voiced Kyle but, no biggie

The Reman voice was just like Ron Perlmans in Nemesis which I thought was a nice touch. I liked having something to do class wise as a Tactical officer because it's not something I'm normally faced with.

The end conversation with Obisek I didn't understand. I did the diplomatic choices and he allowed me to explore the Vault but not leave. I expected my science officer to inform me of a plan to get out and away but, no, I had to reopen the dialogue tree and provoke him :S I'm not going to nitpick though

Job well done Cryptic. Nice set up
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post
The end conversation with Obisek I didn't understand. I did the diplomatic choices and he allowed me to explore the Vault but not leave. I expected my science officer to inform me of a plan to get out and away but, no, I had to reopen the dialogue tree and provoke him
Agreed, Very strange that they give you a diplomacy option but it goes nowhere.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2011, 03:14 AM
anyone found any secrets. someone mentioned something about romulan refugees. i found a shuttle but no answer.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Yeah the Refugees provide your with an access code if you replicate medical, shield and provisions for them, pretty cheap. The Shuttle is just silent. But I did all the optional stuff went and tried to get all the codes but really didn't find anything extra at all. Not sure I particularlly like these 20 use items. I'm more fond of the unlimited recharge kind instead.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkarma View Post
Yeah the Refugees provide your with an access code if you replicate medical, shield and provisions for them, pretty cheap. The Shuttle is just silent. But I did all the optional stuff went and tried to get all the codes but really didn't find anything extra at all. Not sure I particularlly like these 20 use items. I'm more fond of the unlimited recharge kind instead.
Supposedly you can mission replay for another 20 fighters. Some say that's more effort than they are worth. But I disagree as I've found them fairly useful in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkarma View Post
I didn't have to replicate anything for them. They just gave me the data.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
Not that hard, you got a code with 4 digits then you wait until the 4 digit code is in the longer rotating code and you click the button with your 4 digit code.
It said security block 6750. I clicked the rotating code when I saw it and it won't open. What do I do now? Did it reset to something else? HELP,, I'm stuck