Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Because Cryptic don't want people throwing money at them and buying Champions subs out the wazoo, they fixed it so the Champions Point stipend can only be spent in Champions.

What's 'supposed' to happen is that purchases in the Champions store will use the Champions only points first, and only then use the generic Atari Tokens that can be bought in either game.

By the looks of things, the generic tokens are being used first, even in Champions purchases.

It might get fixed if folk kick up enough stink.
Well in that does it. Not subscribing any more to Champs.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2011, 12:45 PM
F2P my backside. they say its free and then limit what you can do in that supposed 'free' game. just what exactly does free mean to cryptic? i have no problems accepting to these barbaric schemes that every company goes through, thats life, but being cheated and robbed, someone is gonna notice it sooner rather then later.

its a good thing i have no interest in champions online because from the sounds of this 'freedom' cruise they are supposedly marketing, there seems to be alot of herding going on...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
F2P ruined CO. The devs didn't listen to the bug reporters, and now it's going through the same problems that Anarchy Online has had for years with their F2P model: way too many uberkiddies.

Anyway, I'll gladly be petitioning them to make the points I'll be getting for my remaining wasted two months Champions Online subscription over to Atari Tokens, so I can get stuff here instead.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Some good news here, it seems: After the anniversary patch, my Atari Tokens are showing up in the STO C-Store. Hopefully that means it's fixed for everyone. (I know that the stipend points are supposed to be game-specific -- I'd purchased points though, via CO, and those were the ones that were not previously available to me. Glad to have that fixed.)
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2011, 04:06 AM
I'm annoyed at this. If the CO stipend is supposed to be CO only, don't label it as Atari Tokens and claim AT's are for all Atari games.