Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_pain
they plan on doing this some time in the future by adding a shuttle bay that you can access and launch a shutle from there, but this is in the future
ohhhhh, so THATS why theres that random garage door on your crew deck...i was wondering what that was
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
People make it seem so simple with their ideas.
But the reality is its a lot harder to pull off than they can even begin to imagine. :p

The Tech simply does not exist yet in STO that allows you to change ship while in it.
Theres a lot of character data that is transferred with a ship swap ranging from weapons and equipment loadout to the power bar setup.
The additional problem is, even if you could, how and with what would you dock again?
That presents its own set of problems.

All in all it is a very big can of worms that does not have any kind of simple solution.
Yep.

Your shuttle is an avatar.
Your ship is an avatar.
You basically want to go from yourself to yourself. This is a major code modification and will require a huge amount of time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
You guys might want to check out this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Even better than that... I'd eventually like you to be able to go down to your Shuttle Bay - see the shuttles you own and pick which one you want to fly and hop in.
I don't deal in "eventually". "Eventually" has a nasty habit of becoming "never".
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwr88 View Post
I had hoped that the this new shuttle craft would be just that a shuttle craft, that I could lunch from my ship, not a iddy-biddy starship that was just going to take up another of my ships slots. I was hoping it would be more like a playable pet that you would put in your inventory or a ship device slot and then lunch it like any other power, after that you would load in to the shuttle behind your ship and be able to fly off using it while your ship could be told to follow or stay put.

I was kind of wanting to use it do go pickup up the anomalies in a system once I had cleared it of any bad guys or for that matter to scout out where the bad guys where.

Sadly itís just another pointless rather useless runabout.

All and all FAIL.
I didn't expect it to launch from my ship, but can understand the disappointment. Love your ideas though and am happy to become a supporter. The docking procedures for space dock are awesome, but would like to see my ship go just a little bit further into the star base before transferring to the interior. I do worry about the engine Cryptic is using to develop and improve the game. It may cause a short lived mmo if cryptic can't adapt the engine to things like space bridge operations and the launching of a shuttle craft.

We are trek and we want more more more.... Thank god the devs want it too.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I don't deal in "eventually". "Eventually" has a nasty habit of becoming "never".
Good news for you then. Since you aren't willing to wait, you only have to choose between two options.

Accept it as it is, or quit playing.

Problem solved.

Oh, but if they do "eventually" implement it, I expect you to be true to your code and refuse to use the shuttlebay feature as a matter of principle.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
What an utterly illogical statement.

I can pretty much sum this up in short:

I agree fully with your dissatisfaction with the shuttle issues. However, unlike many other problems and complaints people have, Cryptic clearly already has plans to make shuttles useful in the near future.

Given they built a whole mission around the shuttle, I hardly think it likely they are going to leave them as the near - useless novelty items that they are currently.

Given the community's predilection for digging up ANY scrap of evidence that a Cryptic Dev said something would be done and it wasn't, I doubt a Cryptic Dev would make a bold statement like that unless it was already in the works.

Caveat: Eventually does indeed mean never , but only for KDF side content.
Lt. Commander
# 17 And it starts
02-06-2011, 01:52 AM
They add gameplay that makes using a runabout, type 8, and Delta Flyer worth getting them and people are complaining?. Shuttle use is canon in Trek. They will add the shuttlebay to your ship layout so you can switch to a shuttle there, but it'll take time to set up so it works correctly.

I had a runabout that I bought on DS9 for 250,000EC that was used (maybe) to farm anomalies. "The Vault" finally gave me a reason to use it. I enjoyed sneaking around bigger ships that could blow me out of the stars.
I like that the plan is to make missions where you have to use a shuttle.

The crafting missions for the Flyer sound like you will have to use a shuttle or runabout to do them.

Keep these missions coming!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Does anyone else seem to be annoyed by the rudeness of most posters who have been members for less than 12 months.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
Does anyone else seem to be annoyed by the rudeness of most posters who have been members for less than 12 months.
Agreed, but not limited to them, I see lots of Beta Lifers who have a bad attitude.

After coming from War and ****, itís a nice change to see promised items that actually come into the game not disappear never to come into the game (Warhammer) or get here look at this pretty video and forget how long itís going to take to do any of it, maybe in three years. (****).

This game has changed so much in just the last few months, we are going to have a third faction something not many other games can state.(a promised item) I don't understand the rudeness and hostility of a lot of the posters. This game isn't perfect, what MMO is or what person for that matter.
The growth of this game in such a short time, itís awesome, I really wish that they had more staff, to roll out some of this stuff sooner. I think they could really have something great here and could quickly increase their player base with just a few more additions. UGC (pvers) and a large RVR Territory control area (pvpers) and they will lock in very good stuff for both sides of the player base.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-06-2011, 09:30 AM
A shuttle craft is a tiny starship.