Lt. Commander
# 31
02-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenzy View Post
if the op wants to run ka send me a pm or mail ingame with your info including class, ship, ship setup and bo powers.

It shouldn't much matter if you are playing the right role for your captain or have a good cross platform setup (tac in an excel for instance)...but i've seen some woefully backward ship setups in this game.

Ill be around in 4 hours or so ingame.
You know... that is the crux of many of the main issues. Folks who call others "pro's" are just people who put time, a lot of effort, and patience into setting their ships and skill sup to be the best they can be.

In any STF, which is on elite mode, is doable, but you do have to work as a team. the propose changes are going to really screw that over , and put things on easy mode for folks. But that is a diff can of worms.

You want a detail how to?
and what fun is that. We who do it regularly figured it out, so can you.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I don't play STFs with PuGs for three reasons.

1. I can schedule a run with fleetmates, making it more convenient for those of us who've done it and those who haven't.

2. Everyone who wants to run The Cure or Khitomer has already made it to the ground and don't want to drop the mission and start over. In fact, I ran a PuG KA with five random people, two of whom were on the ground when we started. Those two didn't back out, drop, and come back in. They just left.

3. PuGs don't listen. Say what you want; "I listen," "I want to learn." I don't care because if you're right, you are the exclusion to the rule of "I can solo this mob" n00bs who don't look at their chat box or don't use a VoIP program
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
I don't play STFs with PuGs for three reasons.

1. I can schedule a run with fleetmates, making it more convenient for those of us who've done it and those who haven't.

2. Everyone who wants to run The Cure or Khitomer has already made it to the ground and don't want to drop the mission and start over. In fact, I ran a PuG KA with five random people, two of whom were on the ground when we started. Those two didn't back out, drop, and come back in. They just left.

3. PuGs don't listen. Say what you want; "I listen," "I want to learn." I don't care because if you're right, you are the exclusion to the rule of "I can solo this mob" n00bs who don't look at their chat box or don't use a VoIP program
Give that man a Cigar!
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysia_1 View Post
To all you "Pro" KA players...

GET WITH THE PROGRAM and help us who can't get through the damn mission.

I don't get it... You all say how easy it is yet when trying to get into a group one is asked if they are experianced players of it... WHAT THE HELL??? How are we supposed to be experianced if you wont help us get through it?

Youtube walk throughs are crap, "cryptic" (not the company) suggestions mean totally nothing to the inexperianced and no help from the community make this one of the hardest missions there are... Seriously... Open up, help those who can't get through with valid info... Tac. weaps and BO abbilities, Sci. Weaps. and Abilities and Eng. Weaps and abilities... Please... Give us something to go on.. No more on how to do the mission, I think we all know by now that a Tac. group goes to one gate and the others to the other gate, kill all the probes and spheres each time they spawn in and kill the gate one at a time. But what you all don't say or suggest is, what type of abbilities are best used to make it through this really very irritating mission.

I've been going at it since day one and I've nore have a few others I know EVER gotten past the first space battle part when the probes start coming in... And please don't tell my the "I'm nnot doing it right"... There is a special little secret about what abilities to have and use... Let us know what they are and OPEN up from us noobs who can't seem to get through it and invite them to your team that knows what to do and how, instead of making smug remarks about how easy it is and how you all can't understand why we have a problem with it.

My rant on the this mission and players who can't be bothered to help out.

Flame me... lol
1) You aren't doing it right.
2) There is no "special secret"
3) One problem is if you think the YouTube walkthroughs are crap, you are already wasting the time of anyone attempting to help you.
4) You can go through this mess about elitism and no one wanting to help. It is not our responsibility to teach you how to play the game. It is not our fault you cannot , or will not, bother to read the kill-me-with-a-hammer metric frackton of posts, websites, and walkthroughs that not only explain how to do the mission but useful BO skills, weapon selection, and even power levels.
5) It is *not* easy and anyone who says it's easy is an arrogant fool. It becomes much more manageable once you've done it a few times. It becomes "easier" if you have someone who is experienced. The ugly truth is that KA can be wrecked by even one person who doesn't know what they are doing, and this is the reason why some people are reluctant to team with inexperienced players.

Here, I'll solve your problem for you.

1) Stop crying and wipe your nose.
2) Find a fleet who does KA runs
3) PM one of them, say you have no clue what you are doing but are willing to LISTEN and LEARN.
4) When they tell you do something in the mission , do it to the best of your ability. IF you don't understand how, ask.
5) When you complete the mission, go find someone else to help or type up what you learned here.

Me giving you a bunch of BO selections and weapons will NOT make you learn how to play them, how to time your DPS bursts, how to rotate heals with control, or how to deal with the space battle. If you can't deal with Infected -- cleanly -- you simply aren't ready for KA yet.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
GET WITH THE PROGRAM and help us who can't get through the damn mission.
WE .,...who can do this mission.... Should "get with the program" and help you? What a load of crap and "entitlement" thinking !! Why is it you feel I *owe* you in any respect that to help you figure this out ?

First and foremost - it is *you* who needs to get with the program -- Some of us have figured it out. You obviously haven't, and are not expecting it to be handed to you with little/no work. So, please tell me why you are "entitled" to mission completion or help?

Your first step in "getting with the program" is to ADMIT YOU HAVE AN ISSUE.

THEN - maybe some folks will be able/willing to assist you in learning what works.

Until then - I have little sympathy for you and your "entitlement"
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post
WE .,...who can do this mission.... Should "get with the program" and help you? What a load of crap and "entitlement" thinking !! Why is it you feel I *owe* you in any respect that to help you figure this out ?

First and foremost - it is *you* who needs to get with the program -- Some of us have figured it out. You obviously haven't, and are not expecting it to be handed to you with little/no work. So, please tell me why you are "entitled" to mission completion or help?

Your first step in "getting with the program" is to ADMIT YOU HAVE AN ISSUE.

THEN - maybe some folks will be able/willing to assist you in learning what works.

Until then - I have little sympathy for you and your "entitlement"
You know...as a fully borged out Science Captain I say this. If you beg and yell and act nasty on the forums and think I'll be convinced to help? The most you'll get from me is seeing me join your KA run...in a Delta Flyer.lol. Now...if you ask nicely...I might bring my Intrepid Refit...or even my Nebula Refit....KTHXBAI.