Lt. Commander
Okay... I've been involved with Star Trek since TOS (even though I was just a small kid I watched it every week... even begging to stay up later on Friday nights when it was moved to Friday @ 10:00pm)

I've met the entire original cast + Gene Roddenberry + other cast members, writers, guests, etc... over the course of multiple decades.

I've watched every incarnation of Trek numerous times: all series, including the animated one, all movies, even the Abrams version, and own the majority of these on DVD/BluRay. I've also read the majority of trek novels as well, several times.

I've been playing computer games since pong! I have just about every game system going back to Atari (coincidence?) and have participated in the evolution of computer-based games prior to the on-line games.

My point? I don't want to jump through a whole series of hoops (requirements) to join/participate in a fleet. I've been playing STO on and off since beta. Nor do I want to wait around for days or weeks while some group decides my worthiness to be a member. I just want to play the game knowing that I have a team of fleet members that want to and are availble to join forces to complete missions and battle in space and on away missions. I also would like a fleet that has members that will actually be on-line on a regular basis. Granted, we all have lives and family members in the real world to contend with, nevertheless there probably are members that want to make time in the evening and/or weekends when available to participate. If such a fleet exists, please let me know.

Note: I'm on the west side of the U.S.: AZ time (i.e. don't switch daylight savings time) if this is a consideration.

Thank You!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Taylor
Okay... I've been involved with Star Trek since TOS (even though I was just a small kid I watched it every week... even begging to stay up later on Friday nights when it was moved to Friday @ 10:00pm)

I've met the entire original cast + Gene Roddenberry + other cast members, writers, guests, etc... over the course of multiple decades.

I've watched every incarnation of Trek numerous times: all series, including the animated one, all movies, even the Abrams version, and own the majority of these on DVD/BluRay. I've also read the majority of trek novels as well, several times.

I've been playing computer games since pong! I have just about every game system going back to Atari (coincidence?) and have participated in the evolution of computer-based games prior to the on-line games.

My point? I don't want to jump through a whole series of hoops (requirements) to join/participate in a fleet. I've been playing STO on and off since beta. Nor do I want to wait around for days or weeks while some group decides my worthiness to be a member. I just want to play the game knowing that I have a team of fleet members that want to and are availble to join forces to complete missions and battle in space and on away missions. I also would like a fleet that has members that will actually be on-line on a regular basis. Granted, we all have lives and family members in the real world to contend with, nevertheless there probably are members that want to make time in the evening and/or weekends when available to participate. If such a fleet exists, please let me know.

Note: I'm on the west side of the U.S.: AZ time (i.e. don't switch daylight savings time) if this is a consideration.

Thank You!
Im a senior officer in VOID fleet We would love to have a long time fan like your self join our fleet as for worthiness to be a member of something every one is worth and given a chance. as for wanting a team and fleet i like nothing more than sharing my missions with fleet mates we have members from around the world and hell im sometimes on neer 20 hours my self at times.

i would like you to consider this join us give us a week or two and we can see how we fit each others needs if you interested send me a message ingame via a tell or an in game mail
scott@Scottwears
Lt. Commander
# 3 Searching for a fleet....
02-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwears View Post
Im a senior officer in VOID fleet We would love to have a long time fan like your self join our fleet as for worthiness to be a member of something every one is worth and given a chance. as for wanting a team and fleet i like nothing more than sharing my missions with fleet mates we have members from around the world and hell im sometimes on neer 20 hours my self at times.

i would like you to consider this join us give us a week or two and we can see how we fit each others needs if you interested send me a message ingame via a tell or an in game mail
scott@Scottwears
Thank you for the reply and the invitation. I didn't find you in game today. I checked again after the servers came back up this after noon, but then I was busy working through several connected missions. Do you have a working website available for your fleet? How many active members do you currently have in the VOID? I searched for the VOID fleet in game and didn't find it... is it listed as just the VOID Fleet?
Lt. Commander
# 4 Fleet Marine Forces
02-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Check us out at www.leagueofgenerals.com You won't regret it!
Lt. Commander
# 5 Character & Ship information
02-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Just to add some detail...

My avatar/character is a Vulcan Science Officer named Syntron, currently Captain level 7, and commands the USS Momentum 92127. I'll be online this morning working through the next segment of "Cold Case". I just decoded the Star Map yesterday. So fleet members...send a team invite if you'd like to team up; if you find me online. If I'm in the middle of a mission I may need a little time to finish up before joining in. I'm not currently using a headset , but that can easily be retified if needed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Take a Look at 3rd Fleet International :http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3335376
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Hello Jeff,
My name is Arma358, and I am a member of {UFP}. {UFP} has many different departments and divisions that you can be involved with, if that is what you eventually want to do. Our application process is very simple, and all you have to do to keep your membership is sign the monthly roll call, so that we know you are active. We do have a Teamspeak server, although it isn't explicitly required that you use it. If you have any questions contact me via PM, ingame on my main (Arma@9thClarkyPrime), or on the {UFP} forums at http://www.ufplanets.com. Thanks for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Hey there, here is the normal recruiting spam:

Attn New Recruit!

Your wanted to join the ranks, and share in all the glory that is Armada Defense Force. Visit us at the site listed in my signature, and fill out an app or contact one of us in game. We can help you out. Couple notes though, we are an all adult fleet, 18+, and we like to be laid back and easy going. There are times when we RP, but not too much recently. We attempt to run daily STFs, and always assist others in the fleet when needed. We are almost like a family... But more dysfunctional.

Thanks for your time!

But in all honesty were an easy fleet. We do a quick interview on TS, to make sure you would be a good fit, then we get down to business...

Your welcome to check us out, or visit our TS and give us a spin to see if were the dysfunctional family your looking for.
Lt. Commander
I just installed Ventrilo and ordered the Sennheiser PC161 Binaural Headset with Microphone & XL Ear Caps and a Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter, C-Media Chipset, RoHS, so I'll be ready for in- game communications this week when they arrive!

Thank you very much to the fleets that have taken the initiative and time to respond and offer membership into their fleet. Links to fleet webpages are very helpful, but some have limited access to information without being a member.