Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
<snip>
...oh come on, realy?

i post a quazilion good feedback threads ( example 1, example 2 ) but i get a DEV / BOSS reply to ...THIS?
(i guess it's all about timing, eh?).

I hope, dStahl, you have seen that this was 90% sarcasm and 10% real issue.
( MrJ udnerstood exactly what i was thinking ^^ ).

But activating the ...uuuh Triolic Pattern Enhancer (?) ...that blue thing! THAT should not be possible in the first place but is possible because of a Bug, some icons in the tray tend to BLINK in social zones and if you time it right you can activate them in the right nano second.

And the people using the Party Pooper... well you know how you hate people that just party that little bit too hard after the party is over and everybody has left?
Yeah that is YOU, shooting tribbles in my face while i allready moved on and are ready for some real Mission's.

It's like that crying child in the Supermarket, everybody is annoyed but nobody can tell him to STFU (because it wouldn't help anyway).

Quote:
Couldn't you then report them for griefing?
Sorry but i will not report another paying customer for using an ability that works because the game allows it. (be that by design or by a bug, i rather report the bug and have it removed for good.)

I don't see a reason for ANY combat abilities to work in Social zones in the first place,
this stuff will allways create unexpected issues.

And no, this is not a request to nerf the Player Cap either.

Asking for this to be a singleplayer game.... that was the sarcasm part of the Request, but in the end it would solve problems like this ;P

...call it "constructive sarcasm" if you want ;P
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2011, 06:12 AM
I was one of the people commenting on the stealthiness of the Vault mission, with a gazillion shuttles approaching in Romulan space. But it was just for laughs and good spirited banter. T'is fine, truly.

---
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Quote:
But keep in mind that is mostly because everyone is attempting to play them as soon as they go live - and once the fervor dies down - the nominal play will not see this sort of people clumping rush.
The solution is here and it's very simple. If you're bothered by the amount of players present in sector space or on a starbase to play a new mission, then wait a few days to play that mission. They'll thin out nicely.

Personally, I always get excited to see so many people engaged by the game. The crowds are lively, that's for sure, and it's something I look forward to every Saturday during feature episode series.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2011, 06:31 AM
"wait a few days to play that mission"

...uuuuuhm NO?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post

...uuuuuhm NO?
I'm not saying to wait (new hotness is new hotness) but he does have a point. You always have to suspend your disbelief a little hard with the new ish because everybody's in line to try it. But have you re-run the Breen missions lately? It's a lot more like Defera actually needs *your* help. (Of course, it's also kinda terrible that everybody's playing in the pool and ignoring that poor ambassador now...)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
We would not be able to adjust instance population based on your personal settings. We must set it for everyone on the instance. We had the instance settings smaller for a while and players complained that they wanted more players in social areas so we increased the number. I suppose not everyone is happy with the decision, but we are an MMO and I do understand your concerns about immersion and story.

It may be more appropriate that we work missions so that we don't create bottlenecks like this - as I do agree it is a bit silly to see 100s of shuttlecraft converging on the Vault at once

But keep in mind that is mostly because everyone is attempting to play them as soon as they go live - and once the fervor dies down - the nominal play will not see this sort of people clumping rush.
One thing that I would really like seen investigated is maybe some sort of phasing technology like World of ******** uses. This allows people to be in the same place but see very different things. It allows the world to change and evolve based on the completion of missions. For example, I still see the Deltan Admiral who was really a Species 8472 standing around in Admiral T'nae's office even though she shouldnt be after me doing that mission.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
One thing that I would really like seen investigated is maybe some sort of phasing technology like World of ******** uses. This allows people to be in the same place but see very different things. It allows the world to change and evolve based on the completion of missions. For example, I still see the Deltan Admiral who was really a Species 8472 standing around in Admiral T'nae's office even though she shouldnt be after me doing that mission.
Cryptic needs to sort out the existing problems of STO, and you're proposing that they add an entirely new feature to the game, untested, and unreliable? Even World of ******** has problems with phasing, such as mining nodes and herb nodes disappearing due to being in a different "phase" than your own.

The idea of being able to progress the game world around you based on what you have accomplished/completed is a good idea. IF implemented correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post

...uuuuuhm NO?
That's your choice, then.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
We would not be able to adjust instance population based on your personal settings. We must set it for everyone on the instance. We had the instance settings smaller for a while and players complained that they wanted more players in social areas so we increased the number. I suppose not everyone is happy with the decision, but we are an MMO and I do understand your concerns about immersion and story.

It may be more appropriate that we work missions so that we don't create bottlenecks like this - as I do agree it is a bit silly to see 100s of shuttlecraft converging on the Vault at once

Agreed. Although it would be nice to shut the rest of the world out of the game when I want to fly solo, this post holds merit. It won't be so bad once the Gold Rush of the Vault dies out.