Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry Missions Pathing
02-06-2011, 01:45 PM
I haven't seen pathing this bad since the Original Fire Caves™. I understand that these maps aren't done by beacon guy like normal ones are and that there's a new system that does it on the fly, but it's not working so well. As a matter of fact, I think even Fire Caves was better because once you figured out that you had to handhold them I didn't spend as much time watching my bridge officers get stuck.

NPCs cannot jump over small obstacles, frequently get stuck at doors because of the walls that make up the sides of the doors, frequently get stuck in corridors that have structural features along them, and can shoot through the walls. A side effect of this is that you have to basically babysit bridge officers through the corridors, and even then some of them will get stuck in "new and interesting" ways which require you to play "hunt the exit angle".

As an additional note, Breen on maps where you're trying to tell your bridge officers to stand in specific locations is extremely annoying as while you are trying to keep them from getting stuck, they'll all stand in the same place and die to freeze grenades.