Lt. Commander
# 11 Wow!
02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I had the same reaction. Just WOW! (Same feeling as when I walked into the ship yard area and saw the docked Galaxy at the new ESD) I was giddy all through out the mission. I liked the puzzles, the map, the scenario. I like the different infiltration options and built in re-playability of the mission. Even the teaser vid reminded me of the show more.

Like others have posted, I think the force fields should have hurt more and (in my opinion) the puzzle could have been harder. But the immersion factor on this one was top notch. The Dev team has come a long way and I think they did a fantastic job. I'm super STOked for next week's installment. I liked that I was able to dust off some old items I wasn't using for this mission: Runabout, Breen Cluster Torpedo, Tricobalt torpedo launcher.

I think our member base has grown too. I've never before seen sooooo many ships in one place on an episode opening weekend. That was very cool to see.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2011, 01:40 PM
I loved it! The new shuttle-style play was great, the voice-overs added a great layer of immersion, the intrigue was great, the different options for completing the mission were fun and encouraged team play. Some say its boring, but it was a great story mission so that makes up for any boring factor, imho.

10/10
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm glad we finally saw the Episode suface after a long wait.

Even thoguh I enjoued it, I felt it was "Death my dialogue". Waaaaay to much to get the point across.
Also, shuttle should be launched from your ship (yet its been discussed elswhere). The whole swapping ships at a station was a killer for me.

5/10
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Entering into The Vault reminided me of the feeling when I first watched that scene in Star Trek: The Motion Picture when they entered into the heart of V'Ger. Trying to escape reminded me of the scene in Return of the Jedi when the Falcon was escaping from inside the Death Star. I know that's Star Wars but hey, it was a classic moment. All up it was very cool.
Lt. Commander
# 15 My Thoughts on the Vault
02-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Federation Side:

Having to go to Alpha Centari and Starbase 39 is refreshing. Having to change ships on the Starbase and then travel to the mission in a Shuttle/Runabout/Delta Flyer is different. If you've out leveled the areas it's not very threatening. But if your under level, it can get complicated to get from Alpha Centari to Psi Velorum and the mission enterence.

The voice overs for the mission briefing are defnitely a nice touch. I loved that.

The Mission it's self was very well done. I liked the little Puzzles based on Class. Though I found out while on a team that if some one from the wrong class scans something to the point that the option ends for him, it ends for everyone regardless as to if they are the apporiate class.
Example: An engineer scans the Satalite, the tac will not get the option to create the scrambling sensor pulse. This at least happens once one of the 3 options gets chosen.

The Diplomacy parts of the Text once inside the base is very intreging.. leaves me wondering if perhaps we'll get a Romulan Bridge officer by the end of the Series.

The Nebula is very awesome. The Map scrambling effect is such a refreshing idea as well as the scrambling effect on the screen it's self.

Traveling back to Starbase 39 to turn in the mission isn't very fun.

All in all, I give the mission a 6/10 for the federation.

Klingon
Not much different from the Federation side. Except they have a much eaiser time turning in the mission and accepting it since it's all on Quo'nos. Which is much eaiser to deal with.

I am quite pleased with the Voice acting done for these mission briefings. VERY well done.

Otherwise the rest of the mission flows the same way as the Federation one, except we don't get the Diplomacy.

I give this mission on the Klingon side an 8/10 Because it's easer to deal with then on the Federation side. And the starting fighter you get is superior to the free one you can get from the type 8 Shuttle. (Yay We actually had something better then the Fed side!)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2011, 12:03 AM
i was curious, when i answered with all the diplomacy responses i was rewarded in the last room after i talked to the remen with schimatics. and if i answered with out diplomacy i never got the schimatics. just wondering do u only get that reward with diplomacy or do i just answer the questions wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmont808 View Post
i was curious, when i answered with all the diplomacy responses i was rewarded in the last room after i talked to the remen with schimatics. and if i answered with out diplomacy i never got the schimatics. just wondering do u only get that reward with diplomacy or do i just answer the questions wrong?
I don't remember a diplomacy option, but there were schematics.

Also for what its worth I ran like hell when I saw that mogai.
Lt. Commander
# 18 10/10
02-07-2011, 12:36 AM
I loved the new episode, the exploration, the dialogue, and the new voice-overs. What annoyed me most was having to completely reset my toolbars for the shuttle play. Fortunately, when I got back in my Defiant everything was back in place. I definitely found the change of pace refreshing.

As for T'Nae's voice-over, I was thrilled even having the voice option. I understand that the tone and inflections may have not been perfect for a Vulcan (at least for the pickier Trekkies), but I don't want that to be a reason for Cryptic to shy away from using voice-overs. I'd much rather have voice-over actors than silence, and I don't expect shakespeare in every performance. That said, I thought the overall quality was excellent.

And for those of you more interested in click+click+bang+bang+loot+loot *repeat* ... I have three letters for you:

U G C

Plenty of fun for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2011, 12:39 AM
/Agree with OP.

Is it just me, or has this game *really* come alive in the past month? I know it's the anniversary and all, but it seems like STO is just picking up steam in general. Could this be due to the Foundry's impending release? Cryptic, you guys have struck gold with the Foundry. Now you've got an additional content development team that will work and work and work...for free. Brilliant!

The featured episode was incredible. It felt like something straight out of "ST: The Motion Picture". This is the best mission in-game to date. I look forward to seeing what you guys can create next with these new mission tools you're using.

Hopefully, the ability to launch shuttlecraft from my ship isn't too far behind, right?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Really enjoyed this one. As others have said, would have preferred if I had arrived the in my own starship, and launched my Delta Flyer from Orbit. Hopefully we get that tech eventually.

Otherwise, no complaints. Only a couple of deaths while trying to get the Mogai down Didn't work too well, those darn Tractor Mines got me every time. Though I think I may have a shot at it changing weapons and BO. Ah well, sometime later as a replay.

Thanks Cryptic, I had a great time playing this one