Lt. Commander
I am a lifer and love the layout of the Captain's Table. My only reason for not really using it at all is that it is right next to that gorgeous and vibrant ESD.

I would like to make the Captain's Table a destination, away from ESD. Put it in an area that does not really have a starbase or space station conveniently accessible and give it it's own transwarp button.

Location? I suggest putting it in the middle of the Mutara Nebula. This iconic Trek location would give lifers and vets a gorgeous and familiar view. When exiting, players would have the option of transwarping back to their last location or into the Gamma Orionis sector. When players reach the rank to enter GO, it would be especially useful since there isn't a starbase or space station anywhere near by where they can interact with other players (just the battle fleet).
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2011, 01:33 PM
I wondered what this was for ages before watching an episode of STOked where they talked about it.

I don't know what the initial thinking was to have it a nebula next to ESD. It doesn't reallly make sense to me. I think it should be a room somewhere in ESD or when they get round to it, Starfleet Academy.
Lt. Commander
# 3 hm
02-06-2011, 02:34 PM
I just want to be able to access it from any fed space station...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2011, 03:35 PM
It should just be another destination option when you are a lifer or veteran when you step on any transporter pad.

Including the one on your ship.

No muss no fuss, and no additional assets needed. You can access from any pad in the game and go there instantly. Return plops you right back where you were.

You just get someone to write the option into the transporter popups, link it to the CT zone, and delete the stupid anomolies.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Oh, and don't put ESD stuff there no matter how much they ask.

Put unique stuff there.

How about an exchange stock ticker of sorts. A screen that shows the raw exchange data streaming by as sales go through and stuff is added. Not access to the exchange access to exchange info you can't get anywhere else.

Maybe special vendors that give slight discounts out of "respect". Or even toy like freebys randomly given on some purchases as a "thank you" (keep this small and very rare).

In game access to the forum? For info and to maintain that oh so positive outlook? Maybe a read only version of the text on a large screen.

How about piping in special music, announcements or even one of the Trek radio stations?

I'm sure there are more things that could be put there to make it unique but not destroy the social forcing to ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm a lifer too (just added Lifetime to my 6-month sub) but apparently we don't get the Career Officer forum epithet if we're not from the get-go But I digress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
It should just be another destination option when you are a lifer or veteran when you step on any transporter pad.

Including the one on your ship.

No muss no fuss, and no additional assets needed. You can access from any pad in the game and go there instantly. Return plops you right back where you were.

You just get someone to write the option into the transporter popups, link it to the CT zone, and delete the stupid anomolies.
I'm exploring the place and it seems very similar to Deep Space K-7 (the outpost with Cmdr. Naomi Wildman) by Klingon space. The appeal seems to be mostly because it's exclusive and away from noobs asking where Sulu is...

My main gripe with the game so far is that if I have to claim a new ship, or change my costume then I have to stop whatever mission I'm doing and head to ESD or some space station (plus travel time). At the very least Cryptic could give us a console button on our bridge... hit the thing and we warp to the Captain's Table like it's the Nexus or something! After I finish I can just pick up where I leave off, even if my ship was in the middle of a star cluster or "empty" sector space.

Please add more unique stuff to it, I've seen Orion slavehouses that have more action :p

Edit: Ah thanks, it was in my profile under Group Memberships. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_K.C. View Post
I'm a lifer too (just added Lifetime to my 6-month sub) but apparently we don't get the Career Officer forum epithet if we're not from the get-go But I digress...
I thought the career option was for all lifetime subscribers. I can't remember how to change it but there should be an option for you to change it. You have to change it. The change is not automatic but manual.

Why don't they give a warp to location like the warp to our home system such as ESD.

They have a device in Champions that allows one to go straight to that games version of the Captains table.

Give some benefit to the captainís table. In CO, one can buy a better healing device at that location.

Provide some incentive to go there.

The only incentive right now is for the Klingons to go there to sell their space junk for a better price.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2011, 08:46 PM
The captians table holds very little purpose. Its more of an 'eye' candy treat.

What would be better would be to incorporate it INTO ESD. Just have a restricted area for 'Career Officers' on ESD which leads to the location. That blue nebula blob looks daft anyway.

Even better remove it entirely and let lifetime subscribers have it as their 'lounge' on their ships interior. This would not only add a nice personal touch for lifetime members but it also gives other captains a reason to actually go on other peoples ships (as long as it offers exclusive content, rare replicator schematics or something for example).