Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2011, 07:46 AM
ok you really need to pay attention cause its obvious. the way out is guarded by a romulan bird of prey right in front of the door kill it and fly straight at the door from the central column......... ouch i bet that hurt to here cause you have been flying in circles not thinking about it. also you have to back track alot to get there and the mogai means your halfway out of the station.
Lt. Commander
# 12 indeed
02-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I found the entrance and exit rather fast. There are two ships you will face. everything else are bee's and fighters. I only destroyed the smaller romulan bird of prey and not the warbird. use emergency menuvers. to get past that warbird(its not the big warbird but the smaller down version". It will follow you but since its a ship it cannot move as fast inside the corridors. My suggestion of taking out the bird of prey is to use polaron beams to bring down its power lvls and quatums torps with a high mark chamber in tactical to do crytical damage. for some reason i found the rear sheilds to drop fast.

The exit out the station looks just like the doors when you went deeper into the station. The catch is the exit doors are not green in the middle. there are tractor beams so i suggest when escaping you use a science officer with polorize the hull. going into the station a tac with fire at will did the trick for me.

when you are outside switch back to fire at will as you have to deal with the fighters while the support ship "galaxy" is kicking the big Warbirds ARSE" the scene is by far impressive i must say. the effects are realistic.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
Depending on what difficulty setting you select you maybe able to fight the BoP.
True, but I was on a time limit so drawing them away was easier and still insured victory.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2011, 05:01 PM
What a difference a day amkes! I ended up exiting the game and trying again the next day when I was better rested. Apparently, I was 1-2 levels above the entrance/exit door. Once I had that squared away, I had to do the mission again, but since I knew what to expect, it took me about 20 minutes from start to finish. This time, I actually enjoyed the experience.

Thanks for the help and advice. I feel kind of stupid now, considering all the time I spent wandering around in search of a door that was about 1 level and 22 km below me!

By the way, I tried sneaking past the BoP but he saw me right away and engaged in combat. I won! I actually felt bad for the idiot NPC who got beat by a Type 8 shuttle! lol
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2011, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
I found the entrance and exit rather fast. There are two ships you will face. everything else are bee's and fighters. I only destroyed the smaller romulan bird of prey and not the warbird. use emergency menuvers. to get past that warbird(its not the big warbird but the smaller down version". It will follow you but since its a ship it cannot move as fast inside the corridors. My suggestion of taking out the bird of prey is to use polaron beams to bring down its power lvls and quatums torps with a high mark chamber in tactical to do crytical damage. for some reason i found the rear sheilds to drop fast.

The exit out the station looks just like the doors when you went deeper into the station. The catch is the exit doors are not green in the middle. there are tractor beams so i suggest when escaping you use a science officer with polorize the hull. going into the station a tac with fire at will did the trick for me.

when you are outside switch back to fire at will as you have to deal with the fighters while the support ship "galaxy" is kicking the big Warbirds ARSE" the scene is by far impressive i must say. the effects are realistic.
My fleet took the "warbird" down.. 5 shuttles shooting like crazy, 2 dying.. Then someone slamming a Tricobalt into the hull
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
My fleet took the "warbird" down.. 5 shuttles shooting like crazy, 2 dying.. Then someone slamming a Tricobalt into the hull
It was I with the Tricobolt Mel

Also the option to leave the Vault should not disappear when you fly in to the door like it did for me.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I defeated the Bird of Prey the first two times, and took the Warbird down with my Runabout. It's not that difficult to beat. However, the third time I just felt like being pacifistic and diplomatic and evaded the BoP. I flew past it, evading its fire, and got the "end of mission" sound effect. I couldn't seem to find the dialog to open the door, though, and figured I couldn't go through it in combat. So I just his Evasive and full Speed setting and ran to the other side of the room. Once the BoP gave up, I used the Beam Out button to exit the mission. When I went back in I was in the Static portion of the mission.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but I chatted the the Reman for a while when he showed up to brag, and got diplomatic with him, like I said. I can't remember the exact options, but after he left and sent his fighters after me, I found a bunch of Schematics scattered around the room. I had never noticed them before, and wondered if they were a reward for that dialog.