Lt. Commander
I think Klingons and Federation, should have the option to violate peace treaties, at their own discretion and risk.

Like in other games such as Everquest, WOW, SWG, and Anarchy Online.

When you're on someone else's turf, you choose to go there risking your life, against the recommendations of your faction. What happens to you now, you could be killed on sight aka KOS or if you're sufficient level or decently geared, you might survive. So why not embrace something like that in space or on ground.

Guards and opposing factions chasing you down, because you're on someone else's turf. Why not? Maybe I want to invade Klingon space or vice versa federation exploring Klingon space.

In Anarchy Online, you get pvp flagged when you attack a guard, so any player who sees you for like 15 mins can gank you if he wants to. I'm not suggesting open pvp, because there are some players who don't want to pvp. But hey, what about getting flagged to get killed by NPC's? LOL

I think this is one aspect of the game, that the DEVS, players, and the people who plan changes, or even the companys who run it, cannot ignore. I know the question is in a lot of people's mind.

Currently, I think it's the only aspect of the game, that reminds me that it's just a game.

Rules and limitations, maybe I want to be a rebel or a pirate, and tell my faction that I'm going to do what I want regardless if I get ganked or not. Maybe I want to get ganked or go up against my opposing faction in plain sight of other players. Maybe I want to bring attention to myself. I think it's funny when some noob decides to do something stupid, makes a scene, gets slaughtered, with other people watching and laughing. It's sure entertaining if anything.

PVP isn't always everyone's first choice for testing their gear. Hell, when I was playing everquest and I made a new toon, who was like somewhere between level 15-35, first thing I did was go somewhere I wasn't supposed to be. Killing guards and causing mayhem. Even when i had a toon who was the max level, I still enjoyed a good "Cavalry Run". Didn't care that I didn't get exp off them anymore, but I still wanted to kill some guards and cause mayhem.

To be truly enjoyable and successful among the majority player base, there has to be ways to cause mayhem, get attention in game, and just be silly for social reasons. I think this is a heartfelt sugestion and I wish this to be taken seriously.

Star Trek DS9 fans will support me on this 100%, if you remember in the 7th and final season, there was an episode that was all about doing a "Cavalry Run"

The episode was called "Star Trek Deep Space 9 [7x07] Once More Unto The Breach".

Description:
Stardate: Unknown Worf grants Kor a place on his ship as they launch an attack against the Dominion. Tensions rise when Martok encounters Kor, who denied him officer status many years ago because Martok was descended from a common house.

Info on DS9 Episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...isodes#Seasons
http://www.tv.com/star-trek-deep-spa...6/episode.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106145/
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonrebel
I think Klingons and Federation, should have the option to violate peace treaties, at their own discretion and risk.

Like in other games such as Everquest, WOW, SWG, and Anarchy Online.

When you're on someone else's turf, you choose to go there risking your life, against the recommendations of your faction. What happens to you now, you could be killed on sight aka KOS or if you're sufficient level or decently geared, you might survive. So why not embrace something like that in space or on ground.

Guards and opposing factions chasing you down, because you're on someone else's turf. Why not? Maybe I want to invade Klingon space or vice versa federation exploring Klingon space.

In Anarchy Online, you get pvp flagged when you attack a guard, so any player who sees you for like 15 mins can gank you if he wants to. I'm not suggesting open pvp, because there are some players who don't want to pvp. But hey, what about getting flagged to get killed by NPC's? LOL

I think this is one aspect of the game, that the DEVS, players, and the people who plan changes, or even the companys who run it, cannot ignore. I know the question is in a lot of people's mind.

Currently, I think it's the only aspect of the game, that reminds me that it's just a game.

Rules and limitations, maybe I want to be a rebel or a pirate, and tell my faction that I'm going to do what I want regardless if I get ganked or not. Maybe I want to get ganked or go up against my opposing faction in plain sight of other players. Maybe I want to bring attention to myself. I think it's funny when some noob decides to do something stupid, makes a scene, gets slaughtered, with other people watching and laughing. It's sure entertaining if anything.

PVP isn't always everyone's first choice for testing their gear. Hell, when I was playing everquest and I made a new toon, who was like somewhere between level 15-35, first thing I did was go somewhere I wasn't supposed to be. Killing guards and causing mayhem. Even when i had a toon who was the max level, I still enjoyed a good "Cavalry Run". Didn't care that I didn't get exp off them anymore, but I still wanted to kill some guards and cause mayhem.

To be truly enjoyable and successful among the majority player base, there has to be ways to cause mayhem, get attention in game, and just be silly for social reasons. I think this is a heartfelt sugestion and I wish this to be taken seriously.

Star Trek DS9 fans will support me on this 100%, if you remember in the 7th and final season, there was an episode that was all about doing a "Cavalry Run"

The episode was called "Star Trek Deep Space 9 [7x07] Once More Unto The Breach".

Description:
Stardate: Unknown Worf grants Kor a place on his ship as they launch an attack against the Dominion. Tensions rise when Martok encounters Kor, who denied him officer status many years ago because Martok was descended from a common house.

Info on DS9 Episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...isodes#Seasons
http://www.tv.com/star-trek-deep-spa...6/episode.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106145/
I'm all for this and completely agree, but most people would have a hissy fit and send the villagers go to Atari headquarters and burn Dstahl in effigy.... sad...I know.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2011, 05:23 PM
this is pretty abitious for a company that can't make an unexploitable gift reward fountian. Id be more interested in them fixing what is already in game first, before they embark on any more projects.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
this is pretty abitious for a company that can't make an unexploitable gift reward fountian. Id be more interested in them fixing what is already in game first, before they embark on any more projects.
I wasn't aware people were exploiting that. Shrugs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Sounds really good and yeah maybe a bit ambitious, but it does no harm in suggesting.

I wouldn't stand around laughing though when a noob was in trouble, if they're a starfleet officer then I'd help. Now if I were a klingon...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Sounds good at first glance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igard81 View Post
I wouldn't stand around laughing though when a noob was in trouble, if they're a starfleet officer then I'd help. Now if I were a klingon...
Decloak and destroy the offending vessel. Recloak and move on to the next combat.
The younger warriors have much to learn from the older warriors that are still around.
Lt. Commander
This happens often in Star Trek. Star Trek Captains have ability to act on there own discretion and means to ignore the rules if it is viewed in the best interest of the Federation. I can name shows going back to the TOS series were this happen but think there no need.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
This type of negativity is contagious and boring; this "exploit" can be done by anyone in the game for nice gear, and players can choose to dance all day for the greatest gear. The anniversary was a success, period. The 'Vautl' was new awesome missiong: thank you STO.

We definately need an area that Players can choose to be flagged but this doesn't seem high on the developers lists, unfortunately. I once suggested that this could happen at places like DS9 and now definately Drozana station. If a Klingons or Feds drop their flag at DS9, the bases turrets would target the flagged players of both factions. There could be diplomacy penalties and such... yada yada. Unfortunatly this wont be for a long time, if ever. For now, the closest thing we have to real world PVP is Kerrat.. sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasisAri
This type of negativity is contagious and boring; this "exploit" can be done by anyone in the game for nice gear, and players can choose to dance all day for the greatest gear. The anniversary was a success, period. The 'Vautl' was new awesome missiong: thank you STO.

We definately need an area that Players can choose to be flagged but this doesn't seem high on the developers lists, unfortunately. I once suggested that this could happen at places like DS9 and now definately Drozana station. If a Klingons or Feds drop their flag at DS9, the bases turrets would target the flagged players of both factions. There could be diplomacy penalties and such... yada yada. Unfortunatly this wont be for a long time, if ever. For now, the closest thing we have to real world PVP is Kerrat.. sigh.
That's one of the points I was trying to make, you can fight against enemy npc's, and who says it can't happen in space? Not everyone wants an open pvp, maybe just fight against enemy targets.

I'm sure it won't happen immediately, but why not a year from now or six months from now. I can definitely say I'm going to be around for at least a couple of years if things keep improving like they have been.