Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Ever since they added the ability to remove the belt, we've been tantalizingly close to being able to recreate Stargazer/Enterprise-C era uniforms.

I know they're working on more badges with more uniforms. I'd kinda like to see the TNG badge for WoK jacket jump up a step in terms of priority.

And that just leaves us with a no collar option.

Now... I'm not gonna say it's the prettiest uniform but we're so very close to having it in-game and it's more or less the only area not represented that the badge change and no collar seems like a pretty modest request.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Meh. I understand the desire for completeness, but... you do realize that the only reason that variation exists is that they couldn't get their hands on the special sewing machine to make the ribbed/puffed collars? Otherwise, we'd have WoK-style uniforms all the way up to TNG's first-season spandex. Like the proto-Stargazer that's a Connie with its nacelles turned sideways for no reason, I prefer to ignore such things.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
Meh. I understand the desire for completeness, but... you do realize that the only reason that variation exists is that they couldn't get their hands on the special sewing machine to make the ribbed/puffed collars? Otherwise, we'd have WoK-style uniforms all the way up to TNG's first-season spandex. Like the proto-Stargazer that's a Connie with its nacelles turned sideways for no reason, I prefer to ignore such things.
Not exactly.

It was because Roddenberry hated the military look of the Meyers era films but they couldn't afford to make brand new "inbetween" uniforms so he personally thought up ways to "demilitarize" the costumes. That's at least the reason for the belt and badge change.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Not exactly.

It was because Roddenberry hated the military look of the Meyers era films but they couldn't afford to make brand new "inbetween" uniforms so he personally thought up ways to "demilitarize" the costumes. That's at least the reason for the belt and badge change.
Really? Because that's not the way I heard it. As I understood it, the cobbled together "in-between" uniforms we saw on TNG were merely a result of the limitations of television production. At the very least, the TNG-style badge on Jack Crusher's uniform is an outright admitted mistake, made because the costuming department couldn't get their hands on a movie-era badge in time for the shoot. I've always regarded the movie-era uniforms seen on TNG as downright sloppy. I'd prefer to forget these "variations!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
Really? Because that's not the way I heard it. As I understood it, the cobbled together "in-between" uniforms we saw on TNG were merely a result of the limitations of television production. At the very least, the TNG-style badge on Jack Crusher's uniform is an outright admitted mistake, made because the costuming department couldn't get their hands on a movie-era badge in time for the shoot. I've always regarded the movie-era uniforms seen on TNG as downright sloppy. I'd prefer to forget these "variations!"
Roddenberry said something to the effect that he'd never allow that abomination on his set without going through and tweaking it personally. He would have flat out made a new intermediary uniform had the budget been there for it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:00 PM.