Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm fine with it. Then again i only come back every few months to check on the progress of the changes. Just waiting until the exploration changes go through now
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2011, 06:56 PM
While I agree it would be nice to have it happen in alternate ways as it did in the novels, I think that simply making it a Transwarp would allow us to keep the exterior art (which is beautiful) intact and would maintain the mystique of the Captain's Table without making things too complicated for the devs, which in turn would mean we would get the change sooner rather than later.

Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Hmmm. So many other threads bemoan not having enough things to do inside their starship. This could be consistent with that interest. If it's about sooner rather than later simply eliminate the Aenigma Nebula. Doing away with starship access entirely. Attach the interior instance of Captain's Table to a door of our starship interior. Say, the crew deck?

Only those with Lifer and Veteran status could see the doors as accessible. Granted the number of instance changes to get inside wouldn't really change. I doubt most would care if the evolution of it's content becomes a higher quality experience. Weather they be one star or five star publisher's the suggestion of something there for Foundry publisher's would be one logical extension.

I agree that I don't want the exterior instance to go wasted. It is quite striking. But skip the exterior view of Captain's Table for now. Until a logical means of enjoying it could be re-established. I haven't much else to add on the topic. I look forward to other views about this.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I agree with the OP. Transwarp would be the simplest solution, and would remove the "anti-time"-looking portal from SOL.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I say just get rid of it... it really adds no value in its current form.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2011, 08:26 PM
Actually its nice area as a Hub where lots of things are close together. And Cryptic can easily use it for other purposes and even enhance it later.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Another advantage of having this as a Transwarp, convenience. Just imagine, you can go somewhere from anywhere you are, sell your goods, check your Bank, check the Exchange listings and then get right back to exactly where you were without any travel time.

And while giving players this little convenience you also encourage them to use the Captain's Table, which will naturally make it a more "social" zone, as it was intended to be.

Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Another advantage of having this as a Transwarp, convenience. Just imagine, you can go somewhere from anywhere you are, sell your goods, check your Bank, check the Exchange listings and then get right back to exactly where you were without any travel time.

And while giving players this little convenience you also encourage them to use the Captain's Table, which will naturally make it a more "social" zone, as it was intended to be.

I'm posting to say "I agree with this" in order to give this thread more attention.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2011, 04:49 PM
In today's Stahl picture, its listing new transwarps. So its possible we could be seeing a Transwarp to the Captain's Table.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Why not do this? Does there need to be a weird anomaly floating in orbit of Earth and Qo'noS in order to get to the Captain's Table? Why can't the players that have access simply be rewarded a Transwarp that goes there. Wouldn't that make sense?

Then only players who have access would even know about it (from now on at least), giving it the mystery it deserves. You would be able to go there from anywhere and return to Sector Space wherever you left off (like a DSE), instead of having to travel all the way back from ESD/Qo'noS every time.

And it would get rid of the weird portal thing everyone complains about.

Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
I support this idea. Get rid of the goofy portal.
/SIGNED!

Please kill the "glowing sphere" !