Lt. Commander
# 21
02-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalFlash View Post
Entering into The Vault reminided me of the feeling when I first watched that scene in Star Trek: The Motion Picture when they entered into the heart of V'Ger.
I actually played that bit of the soundtrack when I did this mission.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-08-2011, 10:58 PM
This really was a fantastic mission. Visually very impressive. The VO's were good and a very welcome change. My favorite parts: the display scramble while in the nebula. That really was icing on the cake. And my BO saying 'this area is quiet. Too quiet.' Classic! And I ran from the Mogai, too.

Some very minor suggestions for improving an already great mission;
  • - The Borg sphere was a little too neon green. When I first saw the sphere I didn't think it was a Borg sphere. It looked kinda Borg-ish, but it was too bright. I thought it was some kind of lighting system.
  • - In the Borg sphere room I flew around the edge of the room so I wouldn't be as obvious a target. Doing this apparently didn't trigger the energy sparks or the Borg sphere interactivity prompts, so I couldn't scan them. I was flying around for a good 20 minutes before I went back the way I had come, all the way back to the abandoned Scorpion fighter, because I thought I had missed something. When I returned to the Borg sphere room I wasn't in "mission" mode so I was flying around looking for some way to proceed. Apparently that set up the interactive triggers because then I could scan the energy and the sphere. That dampened immersion some.

Other than those two small things I thought the mission was great. Very well done. 9 / 10

I eagerly await the next installment.

PS: Launching shuttles from our ships would seriously rock. Consider me /signed.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-08-2011, 11:19 PM
aside from getting stuck in the geometry of the second to last door and having to start the whole mission over again, this was a fun episode.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
Heh, she's a vulcan, I thought it was pretty good. She sounded pretty emotionless to me.
Yeah, I was like, "Wow, she's really getting into doing a Vulcan voice, isn't she?"

The Klingon voiceover was pretty amusing, too. "Their FEAR makes them WEAK!"
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I give this mission on the Klingon side an 8/10 Because it's easer to deal with then on the Federation side. And the starting fighter you get is superior to the free one you can get from the type 8 Shuttle. (Yay We actually had something better then the Fed side!)
Yeah, that little Toron Shuttle is tough, and has Jam Sensors besides.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-09-2011, 04:54 PM
i loved this mission. art was awesome, voice over was mostly excellent (not sold on the vulcan though)

puzzle was stupidly easy, due to the highlight when the right code appeared, but lots of other bits and pieces to see inside.

just too darn short again. i want moar!!!

9/10
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
The Nebula is very awesome. The Map scrambling effect is such a refreshing idea as well as the scrambling effect on the screen it's self.
Hell yeah. I was totally geeking out when I saw the Galaxy class and then ... yeah, spoilers. It was the highlight of the episode in my opinion.