Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-11-2011, 01:18 AM
What about giving us a fighter perhaps something similar to the fighters the carrier can launch, or perhaps, something more like a tiny bird of prey, Laneth's starship in Ent might fit the size category, though you may need to further shrink it down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlordthor View Post
What about giving us a fighter perhaps something similar to the fighters the carrier can launch, or perhaps, something more like a tiny bird of prey, Laneth's starship in Ent might fit the size category, though you may need to further shrink it down.
The 5th post has the info you want....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Since the Klingons just got the Toron (with a universal BOff station and built in Jam Sensors) for free while the Feds got the POS Type 8 (no BOff stations, no special abilities and only one console slot), I decided I'd let the fact that we don't have a match for the Delta go, but that's just me.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-15-2011, 01:22 PM
I am going to disagree (despite being a huge KDF fan)

basically, here's my sum:-

Klingons + Shuttles = No

in other words, klingons prefer ships like the BoP over shuttlecraft as when was the last time you saw a Klingon shuttle in the series? as much as it would make it fair, Klingons simply dont use shuttles. i admit, i hated using my KDF shuttle but loved using the Fed shuttle (i used Delta Flyer) in the first romulan weekly simply because my Klingon ship looks awesome already and the KDF shuttle looks like a federation worker bee from shipyards and starbases. feds use shuttles because they dont build small enough starships whereas KDF do build big ships, but most are medium to small sizes whereas Feds use medium to big sizes. KDF cant use shuttles because they already have a load of small ships. AND feds use shuttles because they dont ant to land their big massive starships as they are built for space travel, as is the Defiant but the BoP's are build for landing as well (hence wing animations on the game and in series).


the only use for KDF shuttles is to simply have them to use as im sure a lot of KDF officers would use ships rather than shuttles and feds wouldnt mind using shuttles.


so basically, KDF dont need shuttles as they use small ships already whereas the feds use big ships and need the shuttles

(sry if that seems all cramped together btw )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
I am going to disagree (despite being a huge KDF fan)

basically, here's my sum:-

Klingons + Shuttles = No

in other words, klingons prefer ships like the BoP over shuttlecraft as when was the last time you saw a Klingon shuttle in the series? as much as it would make it fair, Klingons simply dont use shuttles. i admit, i hated using my KDF shuttle but loved using the Fed shuttle (i used Delta Flyer) in the first romulan weekly simply because my Klingon ship looks awesome already and the KDF shuttle looks like a federation worker bee from shipyards and starbases. feds use shuttles because they dont build small enough starships whereas KDF do build big ships, but most are medium to small sizes whereas Feds use medium to big sizes. KDF cant use shuttles because they already have a load of small ships. AND feds use shuttles because they dont ant to land their big massive starships as they are built for space travel, as is the Defiant but the BoP's are build for landing as well (hence wing animations on the game and in series).


the only use for KDF shuttles is to simply have them to use as im sure a lot of KDF officers would use ships rather than shuttles and feds wouldnt mind using shuttles.


so basically, KDF dont need shuttles as they use small ships already whereas the feds use big ships and need the shuttles

(sry if that seems all cramped together btw )
The Toron class shuttle is canon.

Enough said.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Since the Klingons just got the Toron (with a universal BOff station and built in Jam Sensors) for free while the Feds got the POS Type 8 (no BOff stations, no special abilities and only one console slot), I decided I'd let the fact that we don't have a match for the Delta go, but that's just me.

They get 5 shuttles, 2 of them get 2 BO slots. Plus...they already had the Runabout with uni. BO and I think it comes with tractor beam. We get 2. I'd be fine paying 400 Cryptic Points for a unique Klingon style fighter. In my post made earlier I suggested one with ship skins for all the playable species to make up for less shuttles.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
They get 5 shuttles, 2 of them get 2 BO slots. Plus...they already had the Runabout with uni. BO and I think it comes with tractor beam. We get 2. I'd be fine paying 400 Cryptic Points for a unique Klingon style fighter. In my post made earlier I suggested one with ship skins for all the playable species to make up for less shuttles.
I agree, it would be nice. But we're Klingons. We have to be patient because unfortunately we're always going to be an afterthought. They'll never build our stuff first and then tell the Feds they have to wait. I mean, look at our ship list and then look at how the Feds are still getting new ships added to theirs.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Haha I know....

Having a hard enough time just waiting for my D7.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-16-2011, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
The Toron class shuttle is canon.

Enough said.


lol, you kind of owned me with that xD

but still, that like almost the only time a Klingon is seen in a shuttle of their design at all :/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-16-2011, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
lol, you kind of owned me with that xD

but still, that like almost the only time a Klingon is seen in a shuttle of their design at all :/
The Toron shuttle and K'toch scout ship are both small canon Klingon transports. Either way didn't they say there's no more honorable death than to kill a bigger foe with your own life? A small kamikaze style fighter sounds very Klingon.

Picture a design that looks like a small fixed wing B'rel with no neck and a nose like the Hegh'ta BoP. Make the hull a more curved crescent shape so the wings swoop a little more forward.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:23 PM.